Going on holiday? Be careful what information you share on social media networks when you're away from home.
Our short video shows how innocent updates on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter about your holiday plans could make your home a target for burglars.
Protect yourself online
- Search online for yourself to find out what information is freely available about you
- Set your account's privacy controls to private and be wary of "friends of friends" permission settings – think about how far this widens your network
- Check which online applications have access to your private data
- Be wary of friend or connect requests from people you've never met
- Limit what you publish – such as your date of birth, where you live, details of new purchases, and your evening, weekend and holiday plans
Compare home insurance - you could find a great deal in minutes Get a home quote