If you’re a frequent traveler or even just go away more than once a year, annual or 'multi-trip’ insurance might be a cost-effective option for you.
Instead of buying a single trip policy every time you go on holidays, an annual insurance policy could cover you for short trips throughout the year. Any last minute trips could automatically be covered and you could save yourself the time of taking out a policy each time.
- Covers multiple short duration trips throughout the year - from the policy start date.
- Can cover up to 31 days per trip - some specialist insurers could offer up to 45, 60 and 90 days cover.
- Multi-trip policies may cover domestic and regional travel too - not just holidays abroad.
- If you are regular travellers and take out cover for the whole family, you could stay covered even if you're on a child-free holiday.
- Our travel guides could help you make the most of your holiday; see our article on the best day to book your holiday
- Your policy documents could be emailed to you within one hour of purchase when you enter a valid email address and compare with us.
Some of the benefits of an annual policy include:
- You could be covered for any unexpected or last minute trips you might want to take.
- Any holidays you book throughout the year could be covered by automatic cancellation cover - meaning that if you were forced to cancel your holiday, you could claim back the costs of missed flights and hotels.
- You may also be covered for some adventure sports, but make sure you check your policy to see if you're covered for any activities you might have planned!
You could also be covered for:
- Medical treatment and transportation back to the UK if you fall ill or get injured abroad
- Delays and cancellations if your flights are delayed or you have to cut your trip short due to illness or bereavement
- Baggage and personal possessions cover, including important documents, travel money and devices if they are stolen or lost
- Some insurance companies offer protection against your airline going bankrupt
- Declare any pre-existing medical conditions when you take out an annual policy, including any new medical conditions that you develop during the term of your policy
- Get your policy in advance to get the full benefit of cancellations cover, check for any exclusions and if there is an excess on the policy
- Make sure you report any lost or stolen items to the police within 24 hours before you make a claim
- If you are going travelling for a long period of time or visiting various countries you may want to consider a backpackers policy
Our service is free and compares a wide range of trusted household names. Confused.com is an intermediary and receives commission from theidol.com if you decide to buy through our website which is based on a percentage of the total annual premium. We pride ourselves on impartiality and independence – therefore we don't promote any one insurance provider over another.