Just three of the great reasons to use Confused.com
"Great, found cheap insurance for social and work."Cristian – Confused.com customer
We compare over 50 trusted van insurers to save you money.
- A goods in transit insurance policy is designed to protect drivers who regularly use their van or pickup to transport goods, tools and materials in connection with their business.
Different van insurance policies may offer different levels of cover depending on the type and frequency of the cargo you carry. The right policy type for you will depend on your personal circumstances. If you use your van or pickup for transporting goods, you will generally fall into one of the following categories;
- Own goods - If you're using your van or pickup to carry your own work-related goods, tools and equipment, you'll need a commercial van insurance policy. Different insurers will offer varying levels of cover, which you should compare before making any purchase.
- Haulage - If you use your van to transport other people’s goods, or get paid to move cargo, you’ll need a policy that covers you for haulage, such as courier or GIT (Goods In Transit) cover. Again, these policies will offer varying levels of cover, dependent on the insurer.
- The right type of policy for your van will depend on its size, specifications and daily use. Premiums will vary depending on the policy and provider you choose, as well as a range of other factors
- We can help you find great prices for your van insurance by comparing quotes from up to 50 top UK van insurance companies
If you'd like help understanding more about how van insurance works, take a look at our collection of guides and articles. Alternatively, if you're ready to find a great deal, click the ‘Get a quote’ button above to enter your details and start comparing or cheapest quotes today.
Couldn't be simpler, takes all the confusion out of buying insurance!