Campervan insurance

Compare cheap campervan insurance quotes

Get a quote
Takes about 7 mins

What is the difference between motorhomes and campervans?

There are usually two main differences between campervans and motorhomes:,

  • Campervans tend to be smaller and more compact
  • Campervans also don't have a driving cab that is separated from the living area

Campervans and motorhomes need different insurance policies - make sure you know exactly what type of vehicle you have before you get it insured.

What level of campervan insurance is right for me?

Campervan insurance is specifically designed to protect your campervan against accidents, damage and theft. There are varying levels of cover you can get for your campervan.

The different levels of campervan insurance are:

  • Third party is the minimum level of cover you'll need to drive a campervan in the UK. This will cover the cost of any vehicle damage or personal injury claims to a third party, in an accident, that was your fault. It doesn't cover your campervan against repair or replacement.
  • Third party, fire and theft provides an additional level of cover to third party, where you'll also be covered if your campervan is stolen or suffers fire damage.
  • Comprehensive is the highest level of cover you can get for your campervan. This includes third party, fire and theft, as well as protection if your campervan is damaged in an accident.

What does campervan insurance not cover?

Unfortunately, campervan insurance can’t cover everything that might go wrong while you’re travelling or at home. Make sure to carefully check your policy to see what is and isn’t included. The following scenarios usually aren’t covered by campervan insurance:

  • Damage through general wear and tear
  • Theft through lack of security, such as leaving a window or door open
  • Damage through insect or vermin infestation
  • General punctures and cuts to your tyres

How much does campervan insurance cost?

The cost of campervan insurance can vary depending on a number of different things, including the type of cover you choose. Other things that could affect the cost of your insurance are:

  • The age, model and value of your campervan
  • Where you choose to store your campervan
  • Any no claims bonus you have built up over the years
  • The amount you use your campervan

How to get cheaper campervan insurance

There are a few ways you could reduce the amount you pay for your campervan insurance. However, it’s important to make sure you get the right policy for you and not just the cheapest. Things that could help reduce the cost of your insurance include:

  • Installing additional security measures such as cameras or tracking systems can lower the likelihood your campervan will be stolen.
  • Storing your campervan in a secure location and making sure your campervan is kept in a safe place, such as a locked garage, can help reduce the cost of your premium.
  • Calculating your mileage as accurately as you can. The less you travel, the less likely you are to get into an accident and therefore the lower your policy will typically be.
Get a quote

Get a quote on your campervan insurance today

Dark blue icon of a car with warning symbol

Breakdown cover

Great deals on home breakdown, roadside recovery and even European cover.
Blue icon of a fuel pump on a light blue background

Petrol prices

Pop in your postcode and find the cheapest fuel near you! motorhome and caravan insurance is administered by Vast Visibility Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 566973. Vast Visibility Ltd is registered in England & Wales No. 05866769 at office: 8 Princes Parade, Liverpool, L3 1DL.
Our service is free and compares a wide range of trusted household names. is an intermediary and receives commission from Vast Visibility Ltd which is a percentage of the total commission if you decide to buy through our website. We pride ourselves on impartiality and independence – therefore we don't promote any one insurance provider over another.