Our top editorial guidelines
Impartial and independent of any insurer. We’re there to provide the information you need to make confident decisions.
Written and reviewed by experts. Our content is carefully crafted to provide the most comprehensive information available.
Led by data, our editorial standards ensure that all content is accurate and reliable. This gives you the tools you need to compare quotes with confidence.
Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority(FCA), we ensure that all content complies with regulatory requirements.
- Regularly updated by our product experts and authors to make sure information is up-to-date.
- Transparency is key. We’ll be upfront about our data sources, processes and how we make money.
- We strive to be inclusive and accessible in all of our content. Our goal is to ensure that everyone can easily read, navigate, and understand the information we provide.
- No more jargon. We aim to cut out the financial jargon so you’re able to fully understand the information we provide.
We’re regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
The FCA is an independent regulatory body in the UK that works to protect consumers and maintain the integrity of the financial system.
As we’re regulated by the FCA, we must meet certain standards and requirements in order to operate. This includes:
- Maintaining appropriate levels of financial and operational transparency
- Providing clear and accurate information to customers
- Adhering to strict guidelines around data protection and privacy
We strive to be inclusive and accessible
We take a variety of steps to ensure that our content is inclusive and accessible:
- Use clear and concise language
- Provide alternative text for images
- Use descriptive labels and headings
- Test our website for accessibility
Provide alternative text for images. This helps people with visual impairments understand the content of an image, logo or infographic.
Use descriptive labels and headings to help people understand the structure and content of the page, and make it easier to navigate.
Test the website for accessibility. We regularly test our website using tools like screen readers or keyboard-only navigation. This helps identify and fix any issues that may prevent some people from accessing the content.
Read more about our accessibility standards.
Learn more about Confused.com, the first ever comparison site.
There's a wide range of household names at your disposal.
Find out more about our sustainability initiatives.
Meet the team that creates the helpful news, features and guides for Confused.com
Our product experts work with our editorial team to ensure we're giving you the most up-to-date insight and advice around the products we compare.