So, you want a new phone. But who wants to pay over the odds? When you compare phone deals, you can save on the latest devices and get a tariff that’s right for you.
You shouldn’t have to waste your time doing it yourself. By using our phone comparison tool, you can see our best mobile phone deals in seconds.
Get a new phone, a great deal and save time. What’s not to love?
We have a range of phones, network providers and contracts to choose from.
When comparing phone deals, you can filter for the exact model and plan you want.
Or, if you’re after a bit of inspiration, you can set the contract length and tariff needs and we’ll show you what you can get.
You can compare phone deals by:
- Make e.g. Apple or Samsung
- Model e.g. iPhone 11 or Samsung Galaxy S10
- Phone condition: New, Refurbished or Nearly New
- Phone storage size
- Phone colour
- Network provider
- Monthly cost
- Upfront phone cost
- Data, minutes and text limits
- 5G only
- Contract length
- Contract type
- Free gifts or vouchers
You no longer have to call up your existing provider to switch. That means you don’t have to go through the hassle of salespeople persuading you to stay.
Now, all it takes is a text.
After you’ve gone through our mobile phone comparison, this is all you’ll need to do:
1. Request a code by text – to keep your existing number, text ‘PAC’ to 65075 or, if you want a new one, ‘STAC’ to 75075.
2. Your provider will then send you the code with information on any exit penalties, outstanding costs or credit balances.
3. Give that switching code to your new provider within 30 days to be switched within one working day.
Of course, you can switch by ringing up too.
Pay-monthly phone contracts are where you pay a monthly fee for a new phone and a tariff, which normally includes calls, texts and data. This monthly fee covers paying off the handset and paying for the tariff. You’ll also be tied to a network provider in a contract that usually lasts between 12 and 24 months.
SIM-only deals mean you’ll only get a new SIM card and contract and not a phone. Deals range from rolling 1-month contracts to a fixed 24-month contract. This could be an option if you already have a phone and do not want a new one. If that’s the case, you don’t need to compare mobile phone deals but compare SIM-only deals.
Whether you’re after the latest flagship model from Apple or Samsung or just want a reliable handset with a decent monthly allowance, there are ways you can help yourself find a great deal:
- Avoid paying a cancellation fee by making sure your current phone contract has ended before switching.
- Find out how much data you actually need with our data usage calculator. If you’re worried about going over your monthly allowance, most providers will give you a rundown of how much data and how many minutes and texts you used.
- Avoid being stung by extra charges so if you think you’ll need more data or if you regularly make international calls, you may want to add that to your tariff.
- Trade in or sell your old handset for cash and use the money to either pay for any upfront costs or to help with the monthly payments.
- Pay more upfront as this normally reduces the amount you have to pay off for the phone itself.
- Check the phone contract length because a lower monthly cost over a long contract length could end up costing you more than a high monthly cost over a short contract length.
- Bundle up with our broadband, TV and phone comparison which could save you money by combining all three into one handy bundle.
- Take control of your spending with a pay as you go mobile deal which doesn’t tie you into a long-term contract and lets you choose how much to spend month-by-month.
There are lots of different makes and models out there. So, we’ve put together a summary of the makes that we compare and their latest models.
- Apple - iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 mini
- Samsung - Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Google - Pixel 5 5G, Pixel 4a
- Huawei - P40 Pro, P40 lite
- Sony - Experia 5 II
A selection of the mobile phone providers we compare
A selection of the mobile phone providers we compare
We compare a wide variety of mobile phone deals so you can find the best deal. But another thing to keep in mind when comparing mobile phone providers is network coverage.
There are few things more annoying than having poor mobile phone signal. Whether that’s 3G/4/5G coverage or simply not being able to send a text.
So when you compare phone contracts, be sure to check the coverage for your area.
It depends on the provider, but most will do a hard credit check when you take out a new mobile phone contract which will show on your credit report.
There’s no set credit score needed to get a mobile phone, but each network will deal with it differently.
Depending on the network provider, you may be rejected for a phone contract if you have a bad score.
5G is the next generation of mobile internet connection and is a step-up from 4G – it offers faster download and upload speeds.
It also boasts great capacity, which means thousands of devices in a small area can be connected at the same time.
Have you ever been at a concert or sports event and you have 4G but can’t connect to the internet? That shouldn’t happen with 5G.
5G will also pave the way for a more connected and smarter world.
But for you and your mobile phone, it means faster internet speeds.
You can compare 5G mobile phone deals with the following providers through our phone comparison: