Compare insurance policies for your type of bike.
Just three of the great reasons to use Confused.com
"Very quick and easy to use website, saved me £136 over my existing insurer"Richard – Confused.com customer
We compare up to 38 motorbike insurance providers to save you money.
If you want to ride your bike on UK roads, you have to take out motorbike insurance by law. So it’s important to get covered at the right price.
We search a wide range of providers to make sure you find the cheapest motorbike insurance quotes to suit your budget.
Compare bike quotes now to see how much you can save on your bike insurance.
Our motorbike insurance comparison service can also compare policies for some trikes, scooters and quad bikes, that may have unique insurance requirements.
- If you're thinking about getting your first bike, take a look at our guide to getting your motorbike licence. It can help you get through the complicated and often expensive process of learning to ride.
- Confused about which type of bike is for you? Take a look at our guide to the 7 different types of motorbikes.
- We also provide motorbike breakdown cover, comparing breakdown quotes in minutes.
Want to find out more? Browse through our guides hub to find in-depth information on everything you need to know when taking out a motorcycle insurance policy.
How do you use your motorbike?
If you’re looking for a cheap motorbike insurance quote, it’s really important that you choose the right class of use when you get your quote. You need to be clear about how, when and where you use your bike. If you aren’t, your insurance might be invalid, and you could be hit with points and a fine.
At the same time, you need to make sure you’re properly covered, that you’re not paying for cover you don’t need and that you have the right bike insurance in place.
There are four classes of use for bike insurance:
- The use of your bike Will you be using your bike for social use, for delivering food, or just for commuting to your place of work and other offices? There are different types of cover tailored to the use of your bike to ensure you’re covered correctly and to avoid invalidating any claims you make.
- Security How and where your bike is secured is a factor in the cost of your insurance premium. Premiums tend to be cheaper if a bike is not kept in an easily accessible location.
- Your choice of bike Factors such as the make, model, size of your bike’s engine and its age will all influence how much you pay for insurance. If you have a non standard bike with some modifications, you may be able to receive a specialist insurance policy, based on your bike’s specifications, from one of our providers.
Explore some of our guides
Should you buy an electric motorbike?
How to get your motorbike licence.
Can advanced qualifications save you money?
What cover do you need and why?
Getting your bike through the MOT first time.
Insuring multiple bikes the cost effective way.
What do our motorbike insurance customers think?
"Great to use, more people should use tools like these, great that it saves your previous quotes and then all you do is update your details for next year. Saves time and hopefully money, did for me. Great"
"Very good comparison. I would definitely use the website again"
"I found the price I was looking for and was amazed by how many different companies were listed!"
"Straightforward purchase with best price - couldn't ask for any more"
"Simple, quick and cheap. Easy to change options. Takes a lot of the hassle out and save details to run year on year"