Compare insurance policies for your type of bike.
Just three of the great reasons to use Confused.com
"I always use this site so I know I'm not overpaying for bike insurance. I must've saved hundreds over the years!"Craig - Confused.com customer
We compare more than 40 motorbike insurance providers to save you money.
Getting a bike insurance quote takes just a few minutes with the following information:
- Your motorbike registration (if you have it) OR
- The make and model of your bike, and the year it was manufactured
- The approximate value of your motorcycle and the date you bought it*
- Any modifications made to your bike
- How long you’ve had your motorbike licence (and what type of licence it is)
- How you’ll use your bike, and how many miles you’ll ride in a year
- Any claims or convictions you’ve had
- Whether you need to add another rider, or if you need pillion cover
- What motorbike security devices you have and where you keep the bike
- Whether you want any extra cover: breakdown cover; helmet & leathers cover; legal expenses; personal accident
*You can get an insurance quote for a bike you haven’t bought yet, as long as you know the make, model and approximate year of manufacture.
If you want to ride your bike on UK roads, you have to take out motorbike insurance by law. So it’s important to get covered at the right price.
We search a wide range of providers to make sure you find the cheapest motorbike insurance quotes to suit your budget.
Compare bike quotes now to see how much you can save on your bike insurance.
Our motorbike insurance comparison service can also compare policies for some trikes, scooters and quad bikes, that may have unique insurance requirements.
- If you're thinking about getting your first bike, check out our guide to getting your motorbike licence. It can help you get through the complicated and often expensive process of learning to ride your first motorbike.
- Confused about which type of bike is for you? Take a look at our guide to the different types of motorbikes.
- We also provide motorbike breakdown cover, comparing breakdown quotes in minutes.
Want to find out more? Browse through our motorbike guides to find in-depth information on everything you'll need to know when taking out a motorcycle insurance policy.
How do you use your motorbike?
If you’re looking for a cheap motorbike insurance quote, it’s really important that you choose the right class of use when you get your quote. You need to be clear about how, when and where you use your bike. If you aren’t, your insurance might be invalid, and you could be hit with points and a fine.
At the same time, you need to make sure you’re properly covered, that you’re not paying for cover you don’t need and that you have the right bike insurance in place.
There are four classes of use for bike insurance:
- The use of your bike
- Your choice of bike
Will you be using your bike for social use, for delivering food, or just for commuting to your place of work and to other offices? There are different types of cover tailored to the use of your bike to ensure you’re covered correctly and to avoid invalidating any claims you make.
How and where your bike is secured is a factor in the cost of your insurance premium. Premiums tend to be cheaper if a bike is not kept in an easily accessible location. Other motorbike security features can also affect your premium.
Factors such as the make, model, size of your bike’s engine and its age will all influence how much you pay for insurance. If you have a non standard bike with some modifications, you may be able to receive a specialist insurance policy, based on your bike’s specifications, from one of our providers.
Explore some of our guides
Should you buy an electric motorbike?
How to get your motorbike licence.
Can advanced qualifications save you money?
What cover do you need and why?
Getting your bike through the MOT first time.
Insuring multiple bikes the cost effective way.