A selection of the trusted pet insurance companies we compare
Our service is free to use and compares a wide range of trusted household names. Confused.com is an intermediary and receives a commission from theidol.com if you decide to buy through our website. Our commission is based on a percentage of a fixed price per pet insured, but will not increase your premium. We pride ourselves on impartiality and independence – therefore we don't promote any one insurance provider over another.
Fundamentally, multi-pet insurance is the same as cat, dog, kitten and puppy insurance. It could help pay for unexpected and costly vet bills, cover cattery or kennel costs if you are suddenly taken ill while offering peace of mind that help is at hand if your playful pets suddenly go missing.
In keeping everything tied together, multi-pet could help to lower the premium and keep the amount of paperwork down!
According to the Association of British Insurers, the average cost of surgery for a cat or dog is approximately £1,500.
Pet insurance is there to take the pressure off your bank balance as well as giving you guidance and help through any difficult situations your pets could get in.
Depending on the provider, you could be covered for;
- Missing/lost pet costs for if your cat or dog gets a bit too inquisitive and wanders off!
- Third party liability for if they cause any accidental damage or injury to other people and their belongings
- Holiday cancellation cover for when your pet becomes ill around your favourite time of the year
- Vets' bills for sudden and unexpected illnesses and injuries
Many providers offer expert advice through 24 hour hotlines and newsletters and some can even put you in the right direction of pet sitters to help make life easier for you and more comfortable for your pets (please be aware that any costs associated with using petsitters are not included in standard policies).
If you want ideas on how you could lower your pet insurance premiums or if you're just thinking of getting a pet and simply want a bit of help, have a look at our pet guides for more guidance and information.
- Your pets' names and birthdays
- Their breeds and pedigrees
- Have they been micro-chipped?
- Whether their vaccinations are up to date. If you're unsure, check out our vaccinations guide
- Have your cats or dogs been neutered or spayed?
As the oldest insurance comparison website in the UK, we're experts in insurance. We've got a number of articles, guides and tools covering everything from how to keep the cost of pet insurance down to how to make your own pet food!