Coronavirus (Covid-19) - important information 2nd March 2021
You'll be unable to get a quote for single trip or backpacker policies to international destinations for trips that start before 17th May 2021 on this website. If you're travelling in the UK, you'll be unable to get a quote for single trip or backpacker policies for trips that start before 12th April 2021.
You can only travel if you're legally permitted to do so. The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) has more information.
If you travel against FCDO advice, you won't be covered by any travel insurance policy you buy. If this advice remains in place after 12th April for the UK and 17th May for international destinations, and you choose to travel, you won't be covered.
For travel advice on your destination, you should check the FCDO for the latest information.
If you have any queries, you should check your policy wording or contact your chosen provider before you buy.
We compare trusted travel insurance companies to find you the best deals.
Whether you're going on a city break to Paris or on a last minute holiday to Spain, single trip insurance is an affordable way to get essential coverage for holiday troubles like lost bags, strikes, flight delays and more.
Compare cheap travel insurance quotes with Confused.com and you could get holiday cover to suit you. We compare a number of trusted travel insurance companies so you can have peace of mind while you're away.
- Most provide a 24 hour helpline offering you support in an emergency
- Your baggage, personal possessions and money could be covered against damage, loss or theft (make sure you report any losses to the police within 24 hours)
- It might be worth taking out additional cover if you’re planning to be active on your holiday; scuba diving, skiing and bungee jumping could be considered by an insurer as adventurous sports so make sure you're covered
- Up to 52 providers to choose from, including the big names like AA and Flexicover
- Your documentation could be emailed to you within one hour of purchase (please enter your email address carefully and check any junk or spam folders)
- Medical treatment and repatriation costs back to the UK could be covered if you get ill or injured abroad
- If your holiday ends before it begins, cancellation cover means you could claim back the cost of your hotel and flight tickets
- Many providers offer airline failure cover, which could offer protection if your airline goes bankrupt
If you have a pre-existing medical condition, you can still get a quote through Confused.com. These conditions could include cancer, stroke, serious heart, respiratory and terminal conditions.
Some insurers might not cover you if you already have a serious medical condition, or if you have a number of conditions. Others might only offer insurance at a much higher price. If you're unable to find suitable cover, the Money and Pension Service (MaPS) has also set up a directory of insurers willing to cover customers with pre-existing medical conditions.
You can contact the Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) or you can telephone 0800 138 7777.
Our service is free and compares a wide range of trusted household names. Confused.com is an intermediary and receives commission from theidol.com if you decide to buy through our website which is based on a percentage of the total annual premium. We pride ourselves on impartiality and independence – therefore we don't promote any one insurance provider over another.