Temporary van insurance is a short term, comprehensive insurance policy to protect you and your van for between 1 hour and 28 days. Unlike a conventional 12 month policy, short term and temporary van insurance policies allow you to get comprehensive cover to drive a van, just for the period you need.
If driving a van is something you do rarely, it’s a great way to get comprehensive insurance protection at a price that reflects the amount you drive.
There are times when you may want to consider taking out a temporary van insurance policy:
- If you occasionally have to drive a van for work purposes a temporary policy can be a quick way to get cover as and when you need it. It’s often cheaper than the price of a full 12-month policy
- Moving home or even just doing some serious spring cleaning can take a long time if you have a lot of items to transport. A van can help speed things up, but you’ll need insurance in order to drive on UK roads
- When working, if a van is your backup vehicle to use whenever the need arises, a short-term van insurance policy could offer the right protection, just when you need it
- If you’re test driving a new van you can get temporary cover as soon as you’ve bought your policy!
Short term cover allows you to drive a van for a temporary period. With the vehicle owner’s permission, you can quickly and easily get comprehensive protection to drive your van from the moment you’ve borrowed or bought it. Our partner Tempcover.com, will be able to offer you their best short term van insurance quote in just a few clicks. Here’s what you need:Personal details
- Details about yourself, including name and address
- Your licence
- What you're going to be using the van for. For example, social and domestic use or business use
- Full payment details
- Details of the van you'd like insurance for
- How long you'd like cover for
- The date and time you'd like cover to begin
- The option of immediate, short term insurance
- Peace of mind that you're protected and legal to drive
- Comprehensive insurance on UK roads as standard
When getting a quote, you can select from the following body types:
- Pickup - single cab
- Pickup - double cab
- Box van
- Luton van
- Vans up to 5 seats in total
Make sure to select the correct body type to match the van you’re trying to insure. Not getting it right could not only cost you more but could also invalidate your cover.
Depending on how you use it, you can insure your van for:
- Social, domestic and pleasure use
- Commuting, plus social, domestic and pleasure use
- Carriage of own goods in connection with your business
- Courier or haulage use