Coronavirus (Covid-19) - important information 3 July 2020
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) has lifted its advice against non-essential international travel. This means you can travel to a number of countries from Saturday 4 July.
However, the FCDO still advises against travelling to many countries. So check the FCDO for the latest advice before you go. If you buy travel insurance and then travel to a country that the FCDO advises against visiting, your travel insurance won’t cover you. You won’t be covered for any cancellations either.
Coronavirus is what they call a “known event”. So some insurers may exclude this type of event from the cover they offer you. If in doubt, check the policy wording or contact your chosen insurer before you buy.
However, all policies bought through Confused.com include cover for emergency medical expenses and repatriation - even if you contract Covid-19 abroad. This is so long as you’re not travelling against FCDO advice.
- Your suit, gadgets and travel documents could be covered against loss or damage
- An annual multi trip policy usually allows you to take as many trips as you like within a one year period (each trip typically covered for up to 31 days)
- Pre-existing medical conditions, cruises and winter sports policies are available
- Personal belongings and business equipment - your laptop and tablet could be covered
- Extra travel expenses if you miss any connections during your outward or final return journey home
- You could be reimbursed for any costs as a result of cancelled flights or if the airline goes bust
- Some policies could also offer golf clubs and other sports equipment cover as standard
- Medical treatment and transportation costs back to the UK if you're ill or injured whilst away
- Your money and travel documents could be covered if they are stolen or lost
- With trip cancellations and curtailment, you could be covered if you need to cancel or cut your trip short
- You could also receive accident, liability and legal cover if your find yourself in trouble on your trip
- Declare any existing medical conditions that you might have
- If your items are lost or stolen make sure you report them within 24 hours, provide proof of the police report, evidence of ownership and value (such as receipts)
- Check the small print, policy exclusions and excess so you know what you're getting with your policy
- We were the UK’s first insurance price comparison site, so we are experts when it comes to insurance
- Compare quotes in minutes from big brands like Coverwise and Insurance republic
- We have a range of different articles and travel guides to help you on your travels
Our service is free and compares a wide range of trusted household names. Confused.com is an intermediary and receives commission from theidol.com if you decide to buy through our website which is based on a percentage of the total annual premium. We pride ourselves on impartiality and independence – therefore we don't promote any one insurance provider over another.