Drive Like a Girl policy details
Drive like a girl is a telematics-only insurer, meaning they only offer black box car insurance.
Black box telematics might sound a little sinister, but it’s not. It won’t pass on any details about how you drive or where you go, unless it’s suspected that you’ve committed fraud, or because the insurer’s required to do so by law.
Instead, Drive Like a Girl’s telematics records only the following, for their own use
- Your total mileage
- The different types of roads you drive on
- The number of miles you drive on a motorway
- If you take breaks on long journeys
- The total number of journeys you make
- Your speed
- If you accelerate or brake sharply
- The time of day you drive
They then use this data to offer you a bespoke premium price when you renew.
Typically, the safer you drive, the more points you’ll accumulate. You can earn up to 100 points a month, and the more you accrue, the better the deal you’ll be offered upon renewal.
There are a few additional benefits to having a black box, too.
If the black box detects you stopped suddenly, which suggests an accident, Drive Like a Girl will call the emergency services, for example. And if your car is stolen, the black box can help track it.
There aren’t any curfews with Drive Like a Girl’s insurance policies either, so you won’t be penalised for driving late at night.
Their black box insurance comes with a few benefits as standard.
- Mileage-based cover up to 7,000 miles a year
- Access to a 24/7 claims centre
- Courtesy car If yours is damaged and in for repair
- Immediate coverage, with free black box installation within two weeks of your policy starting
Drive Like a Girl offers a selection of car insurance policies and types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying car insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.