Privilege car insurance policy details
Privilege offers Third-party, fire and theft policies, as well as comprehensive cover.
Third-party, fire and theft policies mean if you accidentally damage someone else’s car or property while driving, injure someone in an accident, or your own car is stolen or damaged by fire, you’ll be covered. Privilege will also give you a courtesy car if yours is being fixed by one of its approved repairers.
Comprehensive policies include a list of benefits as standard, including:
- A courtesy car if your car’s being fixed by one of Privilege’s approved dealers, they’ll give you a car to use while it’s being repaired.
Uninsured driver promise, meaning if an uninsured driver hits your car – and it’s confirmed not to be your fault – the policy will protect your no-claims bonus (NCB) and cover your excess.
- Guaranteed repairs by one of Privilege’s approved dealers for five years.
- Personal accident cover. You, and your spouse/partner, will be insured up to £5,000.
- Foreign use cover gives you comprehensive insurance for up to 90 days when you use your car abroad. You’ll need to pay extra to add this but it covers EU countries, Jersey, Guernsey and The Isle of Man
Privilege offers several optional extras to add to your policy, including:
- Protected no-claims bonus (NCB). If you have 4 or more years of no-claims then you can qualify for protected NCB. This means that even if you make a claim, your NCB won’t be affected. Without this protection, any fault claim will impact your NCB. However, it’s worth noting that NCB protection doesn’t safeguard the price of your insurance policy. It may still rise following an accident, even if you weren’t at fault.
- Green Flag breakdown cover can be added. Green Flag are available 24 hours-a-day, 365 days-a-year. It doesn’t matter who is behind the wheel – or even if you’re in the car at the time. There are various levels of cover – and no limit to how many times you can call for help - so long as they’re for different problems.
Privilege also offer Comprehensive Plus policies – subject to availability. These plans have higher limits and a few added extras included as standard.
- Guaranteed hire car plus which means if your car is being fixed by an approved repairer, you’ll receive a hire car of similar physical size to your own that you can drive until your vehicle is ready.
- Personal accident cover protects you and your spouse/partner up to £10,000.
- Motor legal cover means privilege will cover legal costs up to £100,000 to help you claim for repairs, loss of earnings and personal injury following an accident that wasn’t your fault. There must be more than a 50% chance of your claim being successful.
- Automatic foreign use automatically gives you comprehensive insurance for up to 90 days when you use your car abroad. There’s no need to tell Privilege first.
- Uninsured driver promise. As with the standard comprehensive policy, if an uninsured driver hits your car – and it’s confirmed not to be your fault – the policy will protect your claim-free years and cover your excess.
- DriveXpert is also available if you’re under 26-years-old and have passed your driving test. It means you could be eligible for a discount on your premium through DriveXpert. This is the company’s telematics insurance that’s aimed at young drivers. It offers an upfront discount, while safe drivers can save money when it comes to renewal time. The system works using the DriveXpert app that’s downloaded on the policyholder’s smartphone. There is no need to plug a so-called ‘black box’ into your car.
Privilege offers a selection of car insurance policies and types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying car insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.