What 1st Central customers say
"Very good experience with 1st central. Customers service is great. Very cooperative and helping staff. Also cheapest car insurance in the market right now"
Syed - (June 2023)
Who is 1st Central?
1st Central was founded in 2008. Since then, it has grown to provide car insurance policies to more than a million drivers. The company started out with 62 employees, but now has over 1,000 colleagues working across a range of locations - from Gibraltar to Manchester.
1st Central is the motor insurance broker of First Central Insurance & Technology Group, which describes itself as an “innovative group of companies delivering market-leading insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.”
Based in Guernsey, the insurance and technology group has a strong ethical foundation. As it says on its website, the group is committed to restoring and maintaining trust in the industry through technology and data. It aims to reduce risk, combat fraud and deliver products for the future.
1st Central has won its fair share of plaudits in recent years. Standout honours include wins at the Insurance Times Awards 2018, the UK National Contact Centre Awards 2021 and the Moneyage Awards Insurance Provider of the Year award for five consecutive years, most recently in 2021. It has also received the prestigious ServiceMark accreditation from the Institute of Customer Service, which was awarded in 2021 for a three-year term and is subject to annual review.
The company has been the recipient of the Insurance Provider of the Year award for six years running at the MoneyAge Insurance Awards. Its also achieved the ServiceMark award from the Institute of Customer Service.
1st Central policy details
Ultimately, to ensure you’re protected, a car insurance policy should include a suite of features as standard, whether you opt for third party, fire and theft or comprehensive, which incidentally, is frequently more affordable than you might think.
1st Central offers a choice of comprehensive or third party, fire and theft (TPFT) cover.
Third party fire and theft cover from 1st Central includes:
- Fire and theft cover to replace or repair your car, spare parts or any accessories lost or damaged due to fire or theft
- Liability cover should someone else be injured or killed or their property damaged as a result of an accident in your car. You’re covered for property damage up to £20,000 and legal fees and expenses up to £5,000,000. There’s no limit on the level of liability cover as a result of death or injury to third parties
- Extended driving abroad cover meaning you can enjoy up to 90 days of driving in the EU, Croatia, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Andorra
- Key cover for up to £1,500 to pay for replacement locks, keys and any locksmith charges should you lose your keys. They’ll even give you up to 3 days of car hire and any claims won’t affect your no-claims bonus
Comprehensive cover from 1st Central includes everything the TPFT cover does as well as:
- Accidental damage cover to replace your car, spare parts and any accessories lost, stolen or damaged
- Windscreen cover to repair or replace a damaged window or windscreen in your car
- Personal accident cover will pay out £5,000 should an accident in your car result in your death, permanent loss of sight or loss of one or more of your limbs
- Medical expenses cover up to the value of £100 per person to cover any medical expenses incurred to treat injuries following an accident in your car
- Courtesy car cover will provide you with a free car to use while your car is being repaired at an approved garage
1st Central offers a selection of car insurance policies, however, not all policies are available through our site and the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying car insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.
1st Central’s car insurance policies are underwritten by its sister companies Skyfire Insurance and Skyfire Reinsurance, which are based in Gibraltar. These brands provide policies that have helped 1st Central establish itself as a trusted supplier on UK comparison websites.
Car insurance guides
New regulations are coming in for fuel retailers as an investigation revealed that they were charging 6p more per litre than they should have been.
Noise cameras aim to crack down on drivers who have noisy cars.
Uncover 2023 UK statistics on temporary car insurance. Explore usage patterns, customer satisfaction, and top providers for short-term car coverage needs.
Drink driving increases over the summer months. We look at the worst offending areas and why people might be risking an extra pint before driving.
With the UK car insurance industry increasing in size each year, we share all you need to know about the competitive car insurance providers and policies
Tailgating and unclear indicating are the most hated driving habits according to our data. Here's what you can do about these annoying driving traits.