My Policy policy details
My Policy offers a selection of car insurance policies and types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying car insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.
All My Policy cover options are black box based.
They break their cover down into two options:
- Young driver insurance
- Low mileage insurance
Young driver insurance is aimed at those under 25 who may face high premiums for standard car insurance. With My Policy, younger drivers are given a black box to install in their car. This tracks how they drive, and could reward them with a lower premium upon renewal if they drive well.
Young driver policies also come with a range of benefits, including:
- Mileage based insurance: select the number of miles you’ll be driving in a year and this will be reflected in the price you pay.
- No curfews: drive where you want, when you want. Driving at night might affect your driver score, but there’s no curfew preventing you doing it.
- Access to a driving dashboard: allowing you to monitor your driving score, miles and to see what discounts you’re on track for.
- 24-hour claim line: so you can make a claim when it suits you.
- Quick installation: you'll be sent your black box via post, and should be able to install it within minutes. If you’d rather have it professionally installed, you can opt for this too.
Low mileage insurance is aimed at experienced drivers who only cover a limited number of miles per year. The fewer miles you drive, the cheaper your premiums could be.
Low mileage policies include:
- Free theft tracking: allowing you to locate your vehicle via your black box’s GPS system if it’s stolen.
- No curfews: drive where and when you want. Night driving could affect your driver score, but you won’t be prohibited from doing it.
- Quick and easy mileage add-ons: allowing you to increase the number of miles you’re covered for whenever you need to.