Acorn car insurance policy details
Acorn offers a selection of car insurance policies and types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying car insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.
Acorn offers three types of car insurance:
Third party only: which covers any damage injury to another person or damage caused to someone else’s car or property by you while driving.
Third party fire and theft: As above, but this level of insurance also covers losses incurred if your car is stolen, or damaged or destroyed by fire.
Comprehensive cover: As the name suggests, this is the most thorough level of insurance. If covers all of the above, plus protects your car from any damage regardless of fault. It typically includes extra benefits, such as paying for replacement keys or fobs and providing a courtesy car.
Given Acorn car insurance is tailored to meet your specific needs it’s not possible to cover what would be included in a typical policy. But, Acorn does highlight the main features that are found across the board on comprehensive cover in its most basic form.
- Repairs: Your claim will be paid in full if your car’s damaged or written off, including in a collision or by fire or flood, stolen.
- Windscreen cover: The insurer will cover your windows, sun roof and windscreen from damage. You should note that there may be an excess to pay on any claims.
- Personal accident: You can claim if you suffer a serious, permanent disability, such as the loss of sight or a limb while travelling, or getting into or out of your car. Personal accident cover limits vary depending on the nature of the injury.
- Personal belongings: Your personal possessions are covered if stolen or damaged, up to the limit shown on your policy.
- Legal expenses: This protection covers the cost of any legal case relating to an accident you didn’t cause and need to defend.
- Courtesy car: A courtesy car would be available to all drivers over 21 while their own car is being fixed in an approved garage.
- Child car seat: If a child seat is fitted at the time of an accident, the insurer will pay for a replacement even if there’s no evidence of damage.
- Driving abroad: You’re covered to drive in Europe with third party only protection.
- 24/7 accident and claims helpline: You have round the clock access to UK-based call centres.
Acorn car insurance optional extras
Aside from all car insurance policy features you get as standard, you could choose to bolt on these additional benefits for a small additional outlay:
- Key care: This addition to your standard policy means that if your vehicle keys or transmission fobs are lost, misplaced or stolen the insurer will pay for their replacement. The cover extends to having locks replaced if required.
- Breakdown cover: Fear of breaking down on a distant motorway or country road is a worry for many motorists. Acorn’s breakdown cover is designed to relieve these worries. It guarantees a car mechanic will attend you if your car fails, whether you’re on the road or at home.