Diamond car insurance policy details
Diamond offers a selection of car insurance policies and types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying car insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.
There’s more to Diamond than just promoting itself as a female-friendly insurer, though.
Diamond break their car insurance down into three levels:
- Third party
- Third party, fire and theft
- Fully comprehensive
Third party covers any damage you inflict on a third party, their property or their vehicle. It’s the minimum level of insurance needed to drive on UK roads.
Third party, fire and theft covers all in the above, but adds in some protection for your own vehicle. If it’s damaged by fire or theft, or is stolen, you’ll usually be able to make a claim.
Comprehensive car insurance gives you all of the above, plus cover for your car if its damaged in an accident. Diamond’s comprehensive cover comes with a range of benefits, too. Depending on what policy you take out, you could get:
- Lock replacement: if you lose your car keys or fobs, or they are stolen from somewhere other than the car, Diamond will pay up to £300 toward the cost of replacement keys and locks. Claims for loss of keys alone won’t result in an excess being paid or affect your no claims bonus.
- New vehicle replacement: Diamond will replace an unrecovered stolen car that’s less than 12 months old, or one damaged if the repair cost is more than 59% of the current UK list price.
- Charging equipment: this one’s for drivers of electric or hybrid cars, and it protects standard charging cables against accidental damage, fire and theft.
- Battery cover: cover for accidental damage to electric and hybrid batteries, as well as that caused by fire and theft, is provided as standard.
- Flexible payments: you can pay for cover annually or monthly.
- 24-hour emergency helpline: you can call 0800 600 840 to lodge a claim.
- Handbag cover: Diamond car insurance includes up to £300 cover if your handbag or its contents are lost or stolen.
- Child car seat cover: Diamond will pay to replace a damaged child car seat or pushchair, plus up to £50 for loss or damage to any children’s accessories.
- Courtesy car cover: with comprehensive cover, you get a courtesy car while yours is being repaired, providing repairs are being taken care of at one of Diamond’s approved garages.
- Audio cover: Diamond will cover audio, visual or electronic equipment that’s permanently fitted to the vehicle. If the equipment was fitted by the manufacturer it’s covered in full. If not, cover is limited to £1,250 or the market value of the car, whichever is lower.