What Saga customers say
"Gave me insurance quote via price comparison site. The quote given was one of the best. Click through to saga website and the process was very straightforward and easy to navigate."
Mrik - (June 2023)
Saga car insurance policy details
Saga exclusively provides car insurance for people over 50, with no upper age limit. They offer a selection of car insurance policies and types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying car insurance, we recommend checking the cover and benefits.
Saga offers three levels of comprehensive cover:
Sage Plus is the highest level of cover, and includes a range of additional features:
- 3-year fixed price, so you’ll pay the same at your next two renewals provided nothing has changed with your policy.
- Legal protection covers legal costs incurred following an accident that wasn't your fault.
- Onward taxi if your car is damaged following an accident
- Medical treatment following an accident for up to £1 million.
- Key protection for up to £2,500 per claim.
Saga Select is a comprehensive policy that includes cover for:
- Protected no-claims bonus (NCB) as standard if you have four or more years NCB
- Vandalism promise which means you won't lose your NCB if you make a claim for damage caused by vandals.
- Misfuelling cover for accidentally filling your car with the wrong fuel.
Saga Standard is a comprehensive policy that includes:
- European cover for up to 90 days while driving in the EU. You'll get the same level of cover as you have in the UK.
- Uninsured driver promise so if you're hit by an uninsured driver your no-claims discount won't be affected.
Car insurance guides
Noise cameras aim to crack down on drivers who have noisy cars.
Uncover 2023 UK statistics on temporary car insurance. Explore usage patterns, customer satisfaction, and top providers for short-term car coverage needs.
Drink driving increases over the summer months. We look at the worst offending areas and why people might be risking an extra pint before driving.
With the UK car insurance industry increasing in size each year, we share all you need to know about the competitive car insurance providers and policies
Tailgating and unclear indicating are the most hated driving habits according to our data. Here's what you can do about these annoying driving traits.
Your parking questions are finally answered.