Ageas car insurance policy details
Ageas sells comprehensive car insurance, which is the highest of the three levels of cover legally be sold in the UK. Ageas offers a selection of car insurance policies and types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying car insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.
Here’s a rundown of the main benefits offered as standard with this policy:
Damage to your car: The policy will pay for repairs to your car caused by accident, malicious damage or vandalism.
Fire, theft and attempted theft: You’re covered if your car is damaged or destroyed by fire, stolen, or damaged through attempted theft.
In-car entertainment cover: Unlimited cover is provided for factory-fitted, in-car audio, sat-nav and entertainment systems. You can claim up to £300 for other permanently-fitted audio and visual systems.
Accidental misfuelling: You’re protected if you put the wrong kind of fuel in your tank. This means Ageas will cover the cost of draining and flushing the fuel system, plus any related engine damage.
Free courtesy car: You’re entitled to a courtesy car to cover the whole period of time while yours is being repaired at an Ageas-approved garages.
Child car seat cover: Ageas will pay for any replacement child car seats that were fitted at the time of a claimed for accident, even if there’s no sign of damage
Windscreen and windows: The insurer will fully cover the cost of repairing or replacing the windscreen, windows or sunroof if you use an approved repairer. If you don’t use the approved repairer the maximum pay-out is £100, after any excess.
Personal accident: The policy will cover you and your partner if injuries are sustained entering, exiting or travelling in your car or another other private car. Passengers travelling in your car are also covered. The amount of personal accident cover is limited to £5,000 for death and up to £3,000 or £5,000 for the most serious injuries.
Medical expenses: Ageas will pay up to £300 per person in medical expenses if you or anyone else in your car is injured.
Personal belongings: Personal belongings that are lost or damaged following an accident, fire or theft are covered up to £300 per incident.
Third party liability: If you cause damage or injury to someone else in a car-related accident the policy will cover the cost of defending a compensation claim.
Driving abroad: You and your named drivers are fully covered to drive the car within the European Union for up to 90 days. Cover also extends to travel within other countries that are members of the European Economic Area, such as Switzerland.
Replacement locks: You can claim up to £500 to cover the cost of replacing vehicle keys, locks, fobs and key-less entry systems. Ageas will also arrange for transport to the nearest repairer, and then to your home, if required.
In addition to the standard benefits offered by Ageas car insurance you can also buy any of the following specific policy features for a small extra cost:
- Legal expenses cover: This option provides up to £100,000 to cover the cost of taking action to recover losses you’re not otherwise ensured for. It pays out if you need to pursue a personal injury claim or are seeking compensation for damaged belongings following a car accident that wasn’t your fault. The policy costs £22.75 a year.
- Breakdown cover: This option is designed to ensure you’re not stranded following a breakdown. Benefits include 24/7 roadside assistance and vehicle recovery for the basic Roadside package, other options provide more protection, including onward transport. Costs range from £32 to £99 a year.
- Replacement vehicle cover: This option ensures you’ll have access to a car if yours is stolen and unrecovered or written off. It gives you a hire car of up to 1,600cc for 14 days. This option costs £22.50 a year.
- Excess protection cover: Many claims feature an excess, which is the amount you’d need to stump up before the insurer steps it. This option allows you to claim the first £500 of two eligible claims you lodge in an insured term. Prices start at £29.50 a year.
- Key protection cover: This option gives you up to £1,500 of cover for lost, stolen or accidentally damaged car, home office, garage or other keys. You can also claim up to £75 a day for three days car hire or public transport costs. Cover costs £19.99 a year.