What is buildings insurance?
- It's a policy designed to cover your home's structure, fixtures and fittings against flooding, fire, subsidence, tree damage and other unforeseen events
- Often called 'bricks and mortar insurance', it covers the non-moveable parts of your home like fitted kitchens and bathrooms
- It's different to contents insurance which only covers your belongings but you can get a combined buildings and contents policy
- Landlords are not protected by standard buildings insurance and should consider a specialist landlords policy
You may find our guide to buildings insurance helpful if you're looking for more information.
Why compare buildings insurance with Confused.com?
- Mortgage lenders usually insist you have cover to protect their investment
- Many homeowners stick with the policy offered by their mortgage lenders but you could save money if you shop around for a new insurer
- Our guides offer advice on how to change or cancel your current policy
- To get a quote you'll need to know the rebuild cost of your home, the Association of British Insurers' website can help with your calculations
Easy to use and saved me over £100.00, thanks
I have not changed insurance company for 5 years and I got 50 per cent off from just going to Confused.com.
I cannot just help but to say that you are doing a very good job!!!
Very pleased with your efforts, saved about £150 to £160 by changing insurers and for the same coverage, plus Nectar points.
I saved £70 by using Confused.com. The insurance company I was with was £70 dearer than the company I have now. Once again Confused.com has saved me money.
Good service, easy layout, clear english
Very quick and easy to find and sort out,top marks.
Easy to use. Speedy results. Good quotes. All in all very positive. Will use again.
I always use Confused.com for all my insurance needs, it is quick, so simple to use, covers all bases and gives you the best quotes. I like the fact that they remind you when your insurance is due for renewal and no other comparison web site comes anywhere near their professional site, I can't fault them! I save up to 50% compared to other online quotes, so top marks from me always!
I found the website easy to use. I saved nearly £400 over my previous insurance. Thanks
Best company we have dealt with. Good reliable insurance and price
It is in my opinion the best comparison web site that I subscribe to. Everything is in an easy to use place and it is clear on detail. I will certainly recommend to others.
The home insurance policy Confused.com found me was £208 cheaper than my previous policy.... an amazing saving for just 10 minutes work!!!
Brilliant...very easy to use..I saved over 200 pounds..and loads of nectar points...keep up the good work
All quite easy and straightforward. No hassles.
Very happy with my insurance quote, best on the net, no hassle, very easy thanks.
Well chuffed with great savings on both car & home insurance using Confused.com
Since I have started using Confused.com both for car and home insurance I have got the lowest quotes as compared to other comparison sites, saved a lot and on top of that nectar points. That's double the bonus!
Obtained the cheapest quote by far - after trying other comparison sites no other came close on price...always my first port of call for insurance for this very reason. Keep it up guys.
First place I look, used them for years, and saved a lot of money...
Quick and easy to use. Saved me £200, thanks
Great deals, very easy to navigate around the site
Easy, simple and money saving. Just put details in once press the button hey presto can't beat it.
Good, quick, and cheap
Looking for a different type of home insurance?
A UK home is burgled every 45 seconds. Cover your contents so you're not left out of pocket...
1 in 6 homes in England is at risk of flooding. Make sure yours is protected...
Subsidence could leave your home and finances on dodgy ground. Secure your property...
See all our specialist home insurance types