Terms & conditions July 2020
1. The Promoter of this offer is Inspop.com Limited trading as Confused.com, whose registered office is at Greyfriars House, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff CF10 3AL. Registration No. 03857130 (“Confused.com”).
2. Confused.com Rewards (the “Offer”) is open to UK customers of Confused.com who purchase a single annual car or annual contents and/or buildings insurance policy (“Qualifying Products”) through www.Confused.com (the “Website”) and which can be verified by Confused.com from 1st February 2020 for as long as the Offer is promoted on the Website. Any other product offered on the Website – other than the Qualifying Products stated above – are expressly excluded from the offer.
3. By applying for the Offer, customers are deemed to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. Only one customer per policy purchased is eligible to apply for this Offer and multiple Choice Rewards (as detailed in point 7 below) will not be issued for multiple customers named on a single policy.
4.1. A maximum of one Offer application can be submitted per car insurance policy purchased, per vehicle registration.
4.2. A maximum of two Offer applications can be submitted per home insurance policy purchased, per household which equates to circumstances where a single buildings and single contents policy have been purchased separately. If a combined buildings and contents policy is purchased, a maximum of one Offer application can be submitted per household.
5. To submit an Offer application and/or to receive their Choice Reward, a customer will require access to the internet and a valid email address. All Choice Rewards are sent via email only.
6. This Offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer, including offers via third party cash back sites. If car or contents and/or buildings insurance is purchased through Confused.com via a cash back site and an application is also submitted for Confused.com Rewards, only the Choice Reward will be rewarded.
7. Eligible customers will be given the option to choose from one of the following rewards:
a) £20 Shell fuel; or
b) £20 lastminute.com gift code; or
c) £20 Halfords gift code; or
d) £20 Dominos eGift (the “Choice Reward(s)”).
The Choice Rewards are subject to their own terms and conditions which are different to those of this Offer. These will be available on the Offer application form and it is important customers read and understand these before applying as Choice Rewards changes cannot be made after application submission.
8. In order to receive their chosen Choice Reward, the following process shall apply:
8.1 Customers must obtain a new quote and purchase a single annual car or annual contents and/or buildings insurance policy through Confused.com on or after the 1st February 2020. Policies purchased via telephone following a quote obtained via the Website will also qualify for the Choice Reward provided the customer has clicked the phone button on the Website to reveal the insurers’ contact details and supplied the quote and reference number at the point of purchasing the policy (“Qualifying Purchase”). Applications submitted before a Qualifying Purchase is made cannot be accepted and will be deemed as unsuccessful.
8.2 Following making a Qualifying Purchase, customers must log on to the Website within 40 days of receiving the quote associated to the Qualifying Purchase and apply for the Offer.
8.3 To apply for the Offer, customers will be required to log on to the Website and access the Rewards section of their account. A ‘Find out more and claim’ link (the “Link”) will be provided within the Rewards section. The Link will be available for 40 days from getting the quote associated to a Qualifying Purchase.
8.4 To submit an Offer application, all required fields in the Offer application form will need to be completed.
8.5 An email confirming application submission will be sent to the applicants’ email address stated on the application form within 24 hours of applying (“Confirmation Email”). The Confirmation Email will detail information on how the progress of the Offer application can be tracked by the customer online (the “Tracker”).
8.6 Following receipt of the Confirmation Email, eligible customers will receive a further email at the email address submitted on the Offer application form within 14 working days of submitting their application which will include instructions on how to redeem their chosen Choice Reward (“Reward Email”). For security purposes, the Reward Email requires a promotional code and/or additional information to be revealed. Recipients will have 30 days from the Reward Email being sent to reveal the code and/or additional information. After this 30-day reveal code expires, there will be no access to the promotional code and/or more information.
8.7 Once the promotional code has been revealed and dependant on the Choice Reward, there will be an expiration date applied to the Reward.
8.8 If the Reward Email is not received within 14 working days of application submission, a reason will be provided by accessing the Tracker via the Confirmation Email.
8.9 If an application is assigned a ‘pending – your details don’t match’, there will be the opportunity to re-check and amend these details within 14 days from this status being applied, which will be provided in the form of a link accessible via the Tracker. If no detail confirmation or amendment is supplied within 14 days, the application will be deemed as unsuccessful.
9. In the event that a Choice Reward becomes unavailable, customers will be contacted with alternative options of equal or greater value. No cash alternative will be offered.
10. Choice Rewards are subject to availability and may be changed by Confused.com at its absolute discretion. The Choice Reward is non-transferable, non-negotiable and cannot be substituted for any other gift, voucher or cash value. If a customer chooses to cancel their Choice Reward or suffers damage/loss to their Choice Reward, no replacement Choice Reward will be issued. Confused.com accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the selected Choice Rewards.
11. The Choice Reward application procedure (detailed in points 8.4-8.9) is hosted and managed by The Marketing Lounge Partnership Limited (registered company in England and Wales 06467245) on behalf of Confused.com. Customer data will be shared with The Marketing Lounge Partnership Limited strictly to the extent necessary to process, verify and issue the Choice Reward.
14. Insofar as is permitted by law, Confused.com and its agents or distributors accept no liability or responsibility for any delays or failures in verifying a Qualifying Purchase caused by a third-party provider, data corruption, incomplete or illegible entries, entries which fail to be submitted properly.
15. Confused.com reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at their discretion and without notice.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Exceptions and Exclusions
- Policies that are cancelled during the policy cancellation period for any reason will not be eligible to receive the Offer.
- Customers will only be eligible for the Choice Reward where Confused.com and The Marketing Lounge Partnership Limited are able to verify the Qualifying Purchase. Purchases not made through Confused.com shall not be eligible for the Offer.
- Purchases made through Confused.com via uSwitch, Money.co.uk, Clearscore or any other affiliate partner shall not be eligible for the Offer.
- Shell fuel offer cannot be redeemed in Northern Ireland
- Shell fuel reward requires an active ShellGO+ account
These Terms and Conditions were updated on 30th July 2020.
How do I claim?
Free. Not freeish. Buy car or home insurance and choose a free reward with Confused.com Rewards. T&Cs apply.
Or log in to retrieve your previous quotes
Looking for car insurance?
Buy car insurance and choose a free gift with Confused.com Rewards. T&Cs apply.
Or log in to retrieve your previous quotes