Southdowns travel insurance policy details
Southdowns offers two main types of travel insurance, single trip & annual multi-trip.
Both single trip and annual multi-trip policies offer a wide range of benefits.
For single trip bronze, silver plus, gold and platinum these include:
- Trip cancellation provides for prepaid accommodation, travel expenses and other non-refundable expenses if you cancel your trip as a result of death, illness or other reasons detailed in the policy wording.
- Missed departure means the insurer will pay up to £1,000 if you miss your scheduled flight because of a public transport timetable problem, the vehicle you’re travelling is involved in an accident or due to poor weather.
- Delayed departure provision kicks in if your flight is unable to take off on time meaning you’re held up by at least 12 hours. In this case you can claim £200, £300 and £350 if you have a silver plus, gold or platinum policy.
- Personal liability means you can claim for up to £2 million to cover costs you may incur as a result of accidentally injuring someone or damaging their property.
- Baggage cover means you could be entitled to compensation if your baggage is lost, damaged or stolen. The policy contains limits for single items and valuables.
- Personal accident cover provides a lump sum in the event of death, loss of limb, loss of sight or permanent total disablement as a result of a bodily injury.
- Medical cover for medical expenses to a limit of £20 million.
- Passports and other travel documents are covered if they’re lost or stolen. You can claim between £500 and £650 for reasonable additional accommodation and transport charges incurred away from your home to replace lost or stolen passports or visas.
With annual multi-trip travel insurance you can expect:
- Remuneration for trip cancellation or curtailment ranging from £1,500 to £6,000.
- Compensation for lost, damaged or stolen baggage from £1,750 to £3,500.
- Cover for loss of cash from £350 to £500.
If you want a higher degree of insurance cover than the bronze policy you can opt for the silver plus, gold or platinum policies. These offer more robust cover and feature lower excesses.
Both of these insurance policies also feature the following benefits:
- Cruise cover is included with all Southdowns policies as standard.
- European cover, which also extends to Algeria, Egypt, Iceland, Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey.
Our service is free and compares a wide range of trusted household names. Confused.com is an intermediary and receives commission from theidol.com if you decide to buy through our website which is based on a percentage of the total annual premium. We pride ourselves on impartiality and independence – therefore we don't promote any one insurance provider over another.