Motorcycle Direct insurance policy details
Motorcycle Direct sells three levels of cover - comprehensive, third party, fire and theft and third party only.
All three levels share several features and forms of protection. The main ones being:
- Third party liability where the insurer will cover any amount you have to pay if you’re responsible for an accident involving your bike that results in death or injury. Damage to other people’s personal property is covered up to £20 million.
- Riding other motorbikes is included with their consent and will be covered on a third party only basis. The bike must be privately owned and not hired to you.
- Legal costs and expenses cover provides financial help if you’re called to court to defend an action involving your motorbike. Legal services costing up to £1,000 are also covered in the event you face a manslaughter, reckless driving causing death, providing you were aged 21 or above.
- Emergency treatment means the insurer will pay for any emergency treatment needed as a result of an accident involving your motorbike. Your no claims discount won’t be affected if this is the only payment being made.
- Riding abroad allows you to ride your motorcycle in any EU country or one that has met the requirements of the Commission of the European Community. You’re covered for trips of up to 30 days, but for no more than 90 days during the policy term.
- Riding abroad in other countries can, upon request, extend third party only cover to other countries you plan to visit. But there may be an additional charge.
Third party, fire and theft standard cover includes all of the above, and the following:
- Loss and damage to your bike caused directly by fire, self-ignition, lightning, explosion, as by theft or attempted theft is covered.
Comprehensive cover entitles you to all of the above protections, as well as:
- Any loss or damage to your bike will be repaired or replaced. The insurer will also remove your bike to an authorised repairer if it is too damaged to ride.
- New motorbike replacement if your bike was bought new by you in the last 6 months, the insurer will cover the repair cost to 70% of its list price at the time of purchase. If it can't be repaired or has been stolen, and not recovered, a new like-for-like bike will be provided.
Motorcycle Direct offer a selection of motorbike insurance policies, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying motorbike insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.