Motorcycle Direct insurance policy details
MotorCycle Direct sells 3 levels of cover:
- Third-party only
- Third-party, fire and theft
All 3 levels share several features and forms of protection. The main features include:
- Third-party liability where the insurer covers you if you’re responsible for an accident involving your motorbike that results in death or injury. Damage to other people’s personal property is covered up to £20 million.
- Riding other motorbikes is included on a third-party-only basis. The motorbike must be privately owned and not hired by you. You also need the consent of the owner.
- Legal costs and expenses cover provides financial help if you’re called to court to defend an action involving your motorbike. Legal services are also covered up to £1000 if you face a manslaughter or reckless driving causing death charge. This feature is limited to those over 21 years of age.
- Emergency treatment means the insurer covers any emergency treatment needed after an accident involving your motorbike. Your no claims discount isn't affected if this is the only payment being made.
- Riding abroad allows you to ride your motorcycle in any EU country or one that's met the requirements of the Commission of the European Community. You’re covered for trips of up to 30 days, but for no more than 90 days during the policy term.
Third party, fire and theft standard cover includes all of this, plus:
- Loss and damage to your motorbike caused by fire, theft or attempted theft.
Comprehensive cover offers everything in the other two policies, plus:
- Loss or damage to your motorbike. The insurer covers the costs of repairs and should remove your motorbike to an authorised repairer if it's too damaged to ride.
- New motorbike replacement. If you bought your motorcycle in the last 6 months, the insurer covers the repair cost to 70% of the price paid for it. If it can't be repaired or has been stolen, and not recovered, a new like-for-like bike is provided.
MotorCycle Direct offers a selection of motorbike insurance policies, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying your motorbike insurance policy, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.