Heading off around the globe? The world may be your oyster, but it’s wise to have the protective shell of travel insurance. World travel insurance could protect you against unexpected costs like medical treatment, lost baggage, flight delays and cancellations, wherever in the world you might be.
- Medical treatment is probably the most important reason to get travel insurance, as this means you could be covered for hospital expenses and transportation costs back to the UK if you're unwell whilst abroad**
- With cancellations cover you could claim back your money for the hotel, transport and more if you have to cut your trip short or cancel your holiday completely
- Every country around the world has different laws, so you might find that having accident, liability and legal cover could come in handy (make sure you check your policy to see if you're covered for these)
**According to FirstAssist Services Ltd, an air ambulance from USA's East Coast back to the UK could cost around £35-45,000
- You might not be able to claim for flight cancellations if you leave your travel insurance until the last minute, so you might want to consider getting your policy sorted in advance to get the full benefit
- Read the small print of your policy carefully and in advance of setting off, including your policy exclusions to make sure you’re insured for any adventurous activities you have planned
- Check your travel policy for how many days you can travel consecutively. Most policies cover for up to 31 days consecutive days, so if you are travelling for longer than that, a backpacker policy could cover you for a longer period
We want to make your search for global travel cover as straightforward as possible. So go ahead and start your search for cheap worldwide travel insurance – the coverage you want could be far more affordable than you think.
- We offer a variety of articles and guides to help you with your policy and frequently asked questions
- Get quotes in minutes from up to 50 providers, including our most popular providers like Top Dog and Coverwise
- Policy documents could be emailed to you within one hour of purchase, so you could get cover even while at the airport! (please enter your email address carefully and check any junk or spam folders)
Our service is free and compares a wide range of trusted household names. Confused.com is an intermediary and receives commission from theidol.com if you decide to buy through our website which is based on a percentage of the total annual premium. We pride ourselves on impartiality and independence – therefore we don't promote any one insurance provider over another.