Bikesure motorbike insurance policy details
Bikesure is a broker- they compare motorbike insurance from dozens of providers so your exact policy details depend on who your provider is.
They offer third party, third-party fire and theft, and comprehensive insurance policies to all their customers. They cover a wide range of motorbike types including:
They also include the following benefits with their motorbike insurance policies:
- Multi-bike policies allow you to cover multiple motorbikes under one policy. You can even cover different types of motorbikes such as quads or trikes.
- Cover for accessories you've fitted to your motorbike.
- Any repairs you've had done by one of their providers comes with a 3 year guarantee.
- You don't lose your no-claims bonus if you're hit by an uninsured driver.
- Assistance service and claims reporting lines are open 24 hours a day.
- You're provided with a replacement motorbike if your brand new motorcycle is written off within the first 6 months of it being registered.
- European cover for 90 days.
- Agreed value option for classic, modified and custom motorbikes.
- Benefits for riders with a history of no claims.
- Cover available for riders with motoring or criminal convictions.
- Cover for motorbikes with customisations and modifications.
- Guarantor payment options avilable for 16-year-olds.
Bikesure optional extras
There are several optional extras you can choose to add on:
Helmet and leathers cover
Ride any motorbike
- Helmet and leathers covers the cost of repairing or replacing your equipment, up to £1500.
- Breakdown cover provides 24-hour UK and EU roadside assistance and recovery. Emergency accommodation cover, motorbike hire and transport home cover is also provided.
- Key cover provides protection if you lose your keys. The cost of a locksmith call out and replacing your motorbike locks, keys and immobilisers are all covered.
- Agreed value means you'll work with Bikesure to determine the accurate value of your motorbike. This means in the event of a pay out, you get the correct sum when you claim.
- Ride any motorbike. Bikesure's 'ride any bike' policy means you can ride a friend's motorbike and be covered by a comprehensive policy.
- Discounts available. Bikesure includes multiple discounts for owner's clubs, limited mileage, keeping motorbikes locked in a garage and using extra security features. You could also get further reductions based on your riding experience.
You can tax your motorbike online, by phone or by visiting the post office. You'll need your V11 form and your MOT if you're taxing it at the post office.
You should be able to cancel your motorbike insurance policy at any time, but you might have to pay an admin fee. Here's what you need to know.
Nothing beats the freedom of taking your wheels out for a ride on the continent. Take a look at our tips for a touring Europe on a motorcycle.
We take a look through every step of becoming a biker - from getting your motorbike licence to taking your theory test, passing your CBT test and beyond.
Claiming on your motorbike insurance can sometimes be confusing, so we're here to help. Here's how you make a claim on your motorbike insurance policy.
We look into insuring your 125cc motorbike: What you need before you start riding, and the pros and cons of riding on your provisional licence.