Saga Home Insurance
Why choose Saga Home Insurance?
- Designed for the over 50's
- 5* Defaqto rating
- Saga Home Insurance is provided by a number of insurers who all meet its high standards of quality and service.
- UK-based call centre and no automated menus
Saga Home Insurance: Facts
- Saga Group have over 2.7m customers across the UK
- More customers aged 50 and over have switched to Saga than to any other home insurance provider*
- Celebrating over 60 years of trading
Saga Home Insurance is designed especially for people over 50. In 1951, Saga was established in Folkestone, specialising as an off-peak holiday company for the retired. Over the past 60 years, Saga has developed to offer its 2.7 million customers a range of products, including their 5* Defaqto rated home insurance.
You can choose from buildings or contents insurance policies, or combine the two. With buildings-and-contents combined policies, you'll have up to £100,000 contents cover and £1,000,000 buildings cover. You'll also receive the following benefits as standard:
- up to £2 million liability cover
- new for old - replacement of items as standard, if repair isn't feasible, such as a broken mirror
- alternative accommodation up to £100,000 - if your home is uninhabitable following a claim
- up to £10,000 worldwide cover for your personal belongings
You can choose to add family legal protection up to £100,000 and home emergency cover. Saga also offers you the opportunity to cover your belongings anywhere in the world. Cover up to £2,500 per item, and up to £10,000 per claim is available with their unspecified personal belongings cover. This cover will provide you with perfect peace of mind if you're away from home.
If you need to get in touch, call the number above and you'll be put straight through to a real person. Saga prides itself on getting straight through to people, and not having to navigate an automated menu.