Why choose Saga home insurance?
- Designed for the over-50's
- 5* Defaqto rating
- UK-based call centre and no automated menus
Saga home insurance: facts
- Saga Group have over 2.7m customers across the UK
- Up to £10,000 of cover for your unspecified personal items, available anywhere in the world
- Celebrating over 60 years of trading
Saga home insurance is designed especially for people over 50. In 1951, Saga was established in Folkestone, specialising as an off-peak holiday company for the retired. Over the past 60 years, Saga has developed to offer its 2.7 million customers a range of products, including their 5* Defaqto rated home insurance.
You can choose from buildings or contents insurance policies or choose to combine the two. With buildings and contents combined policies, you will have up to £75,000 contents cover and £1,000,000 buildings cover. You will also receive the following benefits as standard:
- Up to £2 million liability cover
- New for old replacement on your contents
- Alternative accommodation
- If your TV is knocked over and it breaks - it's covered
You can choose to add family legal protection up to £100,000 and home emergency cover. Saga also offer you the opportunity to cover your belongings anywhere in the world. Cover up to £2,500 per item and up to £10,000 per claim is available with their unspecified personal belongings cover. This cover will provide you with perfect peace of mind if you are away from home.
If you need to get in touch with them, call the number above and you'll be put straight through to a person. They pride themselves on getting straight through to people and not having to navigate an automated menu.