- Medical treatment and hospital costs could be covered if you injure yourself or fall ill abroad
- Emergency transport and your journey home could be covered should you injure yourself during your travels
- Cancellations cover could protect you should you cancel or cut your trip short in an emergency
- Your important travel documents, cash and personal belongings could be covered if you accidentally lose them
Check out our guide if you're not sure how claiming on your travel insurance works.
- Don't base your choice purely on price; make sure that the policy you choose covers all your needs
- Read the small print of your policy, including exclusions such as extreme sports and incidents arising from the use of alcohol or drugs
- Declare any pre-existing conditions that you have, otherwise your cover might not be valid if you try to make a claim
If you have a travel related question, then why not take a look at one of our travel insurance guides to help you with your trip.
Our service is free and compares a wide range of trusted household names. Confused.com is an intermediary and receives commission from theidol.com if you decide to buy through our website which is based on a percentage of the total annual premium. We pride ourselves on impartiality and independence – therefore we don't promote any one insurance provider over another.