Outbacker travel insurance policy details
Outbacker offers cover for a range of common backpacker needs, from long-haul travel policies and gap year cover to working holidays. Whatever you're looking for, you have 3 levels of cover to choose from:
While these levels of cover are similar, the amount you're insured for varies for certain features. Check the value of excess you're required to pay for each cover level. Also be aware of how much you can claim if you cancel or cut short your trip, or if you need a hospital stay. Read through the details for each policy type when you choose an Outbacker policy to make sure you've got enough cover.
Features you can expect regardless of which level of cover you choose are:
- Participate in over 100 activities under the protection of your policy, including archery, hot air ballooning, kayaking and surfing.
- Emergency medical costs and return travel. Depending on your level of cover you could get from £1,500 to £2,500 of protection if you need to cut your holiday short.
- Dental care is included if you need serious dental work done while you’re on your trip. Outbacker covers you for £250 to £500 depending on the policy level you’ve chosen.
- Travel disruption is also covered if you miss your flight for a legitimate reason. Should there be a scheduled flight or transfer delay you can expect £20 per day, up to a total of £200. Total flight disruption results in a £500 pay-out.
- Baggage and cash are covered if they’re lost or stolen. You’ll get £1,000 with Gold or Silver policies or £1,500 with Platinum cover if your baggage goes missing. You get up to £150 per single item lost - but if a valuable item is lost, stolen or broken, the insurer deducts this sum from your overall baggage limit.
- Personal liability means if you’re sued during your holiday, the insurer pays for legal expenses and assistance up to twice the agreed limit (if more than one person is covered) up to £10,000. When it comes to personal liability, you're covered for up to £2 million.
- Personal injury is also covered. If you sustain a life-changing injury, such as the loss of a limb or an eye, Outbacker Insurance pays up to £10,000. The same sum would also be paid out to your estate if you die while on your trip.
Travel insurance guides
For any holidays or trip to the USA you'll need as ESTA. We take you through what it is and how to apply for one.
We’re all itching to get away. But before you travel, check the restrictions for the country you’re travelling to.
If your flight is delayed for a prolonged period, here's what you could be entitled to.
Losing your passport or having it stolen is a nightmare scenario. As well as enabling you to travel freely, your passport is also a recognised proof of identity.
Our service is free and compares a wide range of trusted household names. Confused.com is an intermediary and receives commission from theidol.com if you decide to buy through our website which is based on a percentage of the total annual premium. We pride ourselves on impartiality and independence – therefore we don't promote any one insurance provider over another.