Quotemehappy home insurance policy details
- Essentials Plus
Full details of what is and isn't included can be found if you visit the Quotemehappy website after getting a quote.
All 3 levels of buildings insurance include:
- Unlimited cover for renting or securing alternative accommodation while your home is being repaired if it's uninhabitable
- Unlimited cover for standard damage following events such as fire, storm, flooding or escape of water
- If your house keys are lost or stolen, they'll pay to replace the locks for outside doors, domestic safes or alarms up to a specified limit.
Quotemehappy’s contents insurance policies also include:
- Cover for emergency access up to your contents cover limit
- Reasonable rent and temporary accommodation cover
- Cover for contents that are temporarily moved from your property, as long as it's within the British Isles
Not all policies and cover types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying home insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included to ensure they meet your needs.
Certain benefits are only available as standard if you buy an Essentials Plus or Premier policy. Among these are cover for:
- Tracing and accessing leaks
- Visitors' personal items
- Contents in the garden
Some benefits are also included on all policies but have increased levels of cover depending on the policy. For example, theft of contents from garages or outbuildings is covered by all levels, but is between £1,500 and £5,000 depending on which policy you choose.
Quotemehappy home insurance optional extras
You can add certain benefits to your policy for an extra cost.
With Quotemehappy buildings insurance, you can choose to include:
- Extra accidental damage to cover incidents such as putting your foot through the ceiling.
- Limited accidental damage covers damage caused by unexpected incidents, such as broken glass or bathroom fixtures.
- No-claims discount protection allows you to make up to 2 claims in a year and keep your no-claims discount. You can only get this if you have 5 years of no claims.
- Matching items gives you extra protection to cover the cost (up to £10,000) of replacing the undamaged items in a pair, set or suite if they can’t find a match. This also covers fitted furniture or tiles in a toilet, shower room, bathroom, kitchen, utility room or bedroom. Matching items cover is only available as an optional extra on Premier.
The following are available to add on to a Quotemehappy contents policy:
- General personal belongings for items designed to be portable such as jewellery, clothing, mobile phones and gadgets you take away from home. This option covers individual items up to £1,500.
- Specified personal belongings cover for items worth more than the single item limit of £1,500 that you take outside of the home.
- Specified valuables cover for items kept at home that are worth over £1,500.
- No-claims discount protection that allows you to make up to 2 claims in a year and keep your no-claims discount on buildings insurance. You need to have 5 years of no claims to get this.
- Extra accidental damage is available for your contents.
Home insurance guides
We’ve collated the latest private rental market statistics for 2024, covering topics including average price, rental affordability, and tenant satisfaction.
Our collection of UK home insurance statistics for 2023, such as average UK home insurance costs, UK home insurance market share and property insurance claim statistics.
The age of your property could impact how much you pay for your home insurance. Here's how you find out how old your house is.
Living in a high-risk flood area can come with high insurance costs - that's why the Flood Re Scheme was created. Here's how you work out if you're eligible.
Smart homes are on the rise, but will you be safer in a connected home? Here's how smart home technology might impact your home insurance.
Electric bike insurance covers you against damage and theft of your ebike. You should be able to add it to your home insurance policy.