HomeProtect policy details
HomeProtect offers buildings insurance or contents cover on a standalone basis as well as providing buildings and contents insurance under a single policy.
Buildings insurance typically covers your home against losses from incidents such as fire, storms, flooding, vandalism, burglary and subsidence. Buildings insurance also covers fixtures and fittings, garages and outbuildings, exterior and interior walls, roofs and flooring.
Contents insurance protects you against loss, damage or theft of your belongings. This includes household goods and all other personal items in the property, protecting them against losses from incidents such as fire, storms, flooding, escape of water and theft.
Buildings insurance from HomeProtect typically includes:
- A buildings sum insured of £1m as standard, though HomeProtect says there are circumstances wherethe sum insured is equivalent to the rebuild cost of your property
- Alternative accommodation cover – for you and your pets up to a maximum of £75,000, if you can’t live in the home due to an event causing you to make a successful claim
- Trace and access – this covers the cost of tracing and accessing the cause of an escape of water or oil (up to £7,500 per claim) and repair costs for the cause of the leak (up to £250 per claim)
- Accidental damage – there are two levels to choose from, basic and full. Basic provides a limited level of cover (up to £1,500 per claim) and is designed to protect your home from damage caused by you or your guest to windows, solar panels, bathroom fixtires, ceramic hobs and underground pipes or cables. Full accidental damage provides a comprehensive level of cover to the sum you insured your home and outbuildings for (subject to any policy limits and restrictions).
Contents insurance from HomeProtect typically includes:
- Cover for your household goods and all other personal items within the property against losses from incidents such as fire, storms, flooding, escape of water and theft
- Protection for your household items and personal items outside the home, including your garden plants
- Up to £6,000 (£500 per item) per claim for items belonging to a family member living away from your home in student accommodation
- Accidental damage – two levels of cover are available, basic and full. Basic provides a limited level of cover of up to £500 per claim and is designed to protect your contents, so things like your TV or other belongings against damage caused by you or your guests. Full accidental damage cover provides comprehensive cover increased to the sum you insured your content for (subject to any policy limits and restrictions).
- Liability to staff – up to £5m of cover for injury caused to staff
- Liability to the public – up to £5m of cover for claims of injury or damage to property from third parties
- HomeProtect policies can also include basic legal expenses or basic home emergency as standard. Upgrade options are available
What is and isn't insured for both buildings and contents insurance does vary by policy. Your own circumstances will also dictate what cover is available. As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions do apply, so you should familiarise yourself with the details of their cover, including the policy limitations and exclusions, before you buy a policy.
Along with providing standard home insurance, HomeProtect will also cover UK holiday homes, rental properties and home businesses. It can also cover properties which are listed, unoccupied or have previously experienced issues such as flooding.
HomeProtect offer one standard home insurance policy which can be varied and modified to fit your circumstances. These variations and modifications are not available through our site so we recommend that you check the level of cover and benefits that your policy includes, and ask HomeProtect to make any required modifications, before buying.
- Save up to £172* on your home insurance
- Plus choose a free gift with Confused.com Rewards**
It’s a win-win.How to claim a reward
*Based on data provided by Consumer Intelligence Ltd, www.consumerintelligence.com (January ’23). 51% of home insurance customers could save £172.55 on a combined policy.
**Single annual policy. Shell Go+ account required. Only one £10 fuel reward can be used per transaction and each can only be used on fuel purchases of £10 or over. HelloFresh 18+ subscription service. Geographical exclusions apply. T&Cs apply
Home insurance guides
When was my house built?
The age of your property could impact how much you pay for your home insurance. Here's how you find out just how old your house is.
Airbnb insurance explained
Does renting your home via Airbnb affect your home insurance and will your mortgage lender allow it? Here's everything you need to know about Airbnb insurance.
Leasehold buildings insurance
Are you a leasehold property owner? Although not a legal requirement, it's worth considering leasehold buildings insurance to cover damages to the building.
Thinking of renting out your spare room? There are a few things you need to consider before becoming a live-in landlord. Here's what you need to know.
Flood Re - all you need to know
Living in a high-risk flood area can come with high insurance costs - that's why the Flood Re Scheme was created. Here's how you work out if you're eligible.
Renovation insurance: am I covered during house renovations and building work?
Home renovation insurance is essential if you're spending time and money on renovations. You need the right insurance to cover your house during home renovation.