Some drivers simply want to stand out – we’ll let you decide if that’s a good thing.
Many cheeky personalised number plates seem to make their way past the stringent checks of the authorities. And that’s not necessarily a bad thing - they’re perfect for adding character to a car.
Some plates are fun and quirky, while others are plain rude. As it turns out, UK roads are littered with them.
1. Oh matron!
Adapted from PlateSeller
2. Ever the optimist.
Adapted from RPGskeleton
3. Always keep your financial situation private.
Adapted from StevenJamo
4. Fans of The Great British Bake Off?
5. Does what it says on the tin.
Adapted from p2james
6. Never go full British.
Adapted from laurabarryy
7. This isn't the car you're looking for.
Adapted from antforce2015
8. Jealous much?
Adapted from Mosesmclean8765
9. Greggs don’t do home delivery, but if they did...
Adapted from mikehughes1965
10. Owner: "I want my branding all over my van" DVLA: "Say no more"
Adapted from JonathanConrad_
11. How could you ever get mad at this driver?
Adapted from MissSophieRyder
12. Bad fuel economy is bad.
Adapted from blackpoolstig
13. See a mechanic if your road trip lasts for more than four hours.
Adapted from LittleEm1989
Adapted from claraguterres
15. Bad breakup?
16. When the sleigh just doesn't cut it.
17. Worst. Secret agent. Ever.
18. Who dis?
Flickr source: Eddkh - all rights reserved.
First published 02 September 2016