Flooding is often unpredictable and becoming increasingly common in the UK. It could cause thousands of pounds worth of damage to your possessions, structure and the interior of your home.
- The number of properties at risk of flooding is expected to rise to around 1.5 million in the next 35 years
- The ABI estimates that more than 8,000 properties were affected by floods which caused £400 million worth of damage in 2012
- 500,000 people face a significant flood risk and this could rise to 840,000 by 2035
- Claims have risen 200% in the last 10 years and cost £20,000 - £30,000 on average
- For more information about the rising risk of flooding in the UK, take a look at our infographic
By getting the right level of cover for your home, you could find the financial security to protect you from this increasing risk.
If you live in a high risk flood area, you could find that your premium might increase due to the added risk of damage.