Not what you're looking for? Try a different kind of home insurance...
Compare home insurance quotes from 85 providers today and you could save!
Protect your bricks and mortar from the unpredictable British weather...
A UK home is burgled every 45 seconds. Cover your contents so you're not left out of pocket...
See all of our home insurance types
What is landlord insurance?
- It provides buildings cover to protect your property's structure, fixtures and fittings
- It could also include contents insurance to cover any furniture belonging to you
- Optional cover is available on some policies for events like accidental damage, home emergencies and compensation claims
- You may be able to insure a number of rental properties under the same policy
Why compare landlord insurance with Confused.com?
Specialist landlord insurance isn't required by law but many insurers will refuse to pay out on a claim if you don't have it. This is because standard home insurance policies might not provide enough cover for the risks you face when renting out your property, such as:
- The cost of repairing damage caused by emergencies like gas leaks, break-ins and burst pipes
- Recovering outstanding rent from your tenants
- Compensation claims from tenants hurt or injured by an accident your property has caused
- Lost rent if an accident leaves your property unoccupied and you're potentially unable to meet your mortgage repayments
Landlord insurance could cover you for these events so you're not hit by any unexpected costs.
"Decent website and found good prices"
"I have not changed insurance company for 5 years and I got 50% off. I cannot just help but to say that you are doing a very good job!!!"
"Very pleased with your efforts, saved about £150 to £160 by changing insurers and for the same coverage..."
"It is in my opinion the best comparison web site that I subscribe too. Everything is in an easy to use place and it is clear on detail. I will certainly recommend to others."
"I found your website easy to use. I saved money over my previous insurance. Well done "confused.com" for such a wonderful website and I will be coming back next year for another quote"