Whether yours is a business van or just for social use, you’ll want to make sure you only pay for the cover you need.
- The first step is finding out what type of policy you need.
- The second is getting it at the right price.
Having the right insurance policy in place in the event of an accident could minimise its impact on you, your customers, your business and income. When getting a quote, you'll need to choose one of the three options below, which will impact both the premium you pay and the level of protection you receive.
- Social only - If you don't use your van or pickup for any work related purposes, you’ll only need social cover.
- Own goods - If you are using your van to carry your own goods, tools and other work equipment, a commercial van policy may suit you best. Different insurers will offer varying levels of cover for your van and its contents, which you should compare before making any purchase.
- Haulage - If you use your van to transport other people’s goods, or get paid to move cargo, you’ll need a policy that covers you for haulage, such as courier or goods in transit cover. Again, these policies will offer varying levels of cover, dependent on the insurer.