Pickup truck insurance
Compare pickup truck insurance quotes with Confused.com
A pickup truck isn’t just one size fits all. There are different sizes and weights that determine the type of insurance you’ll need.
You can find the weight of your pickup truck several ways:
- Check the tire and loading plate which is located inside the frame of the driver’s side door.
- Pop the hood of your vehicle and check the plate on your engine. Some manufacturers will stamp the weight on the engine plate.
- If you still can’t locate the weight then refer to your owner’s manual.
Just three of the great reasons to use Confused.com
"Very easy and quick to do, found very good prices."Daniel – Confused.com customer
A selection of our trusted van insurance providers
It is going to depend on a range of factors, including the truck type, its usual cargo and daily use. If you drive a lorry of HGV then you'll need truck insurance. It’s important to investigate thoroughly what type of policy is going to provide the best cover for you, and offer all the protection you need. Fill in our easy quote form, and we can start comparing policies and prices for you, in just a few minutes.
One of the most important questions we’ll ask will be the class of use you need, which will generally fall into one of two categories:
- Commercial use
- Private use
- If you use your pickup truck in connection with your business, you’ll need to take out a commercial van insurance policy, by choosing either the ‘Own goods’ or ‘Haulage’ options in our quote form
- Insurers will usually treat your pickup truck in the same way as a van of similar size, offering similar policies, prices and level of cover options
- Commercial policies could be extended to cover carrying hazardous goods, specialist tools and materials, or equipment and modifications like winches and snorkels
- Many insurers will not offer private insurance policies for pickup trucks over a certain size e.g. the Toyota Hilux, automatically classing them as LCV's (Light Commercial Vehicles), but this is worth checking
- If a private use policy is available for your pickup, it will offer similar levels of cover to most car insurance policies, with no allowance for use in connection with work
- If you’re unsure about the level of cover you need, you can find out more in our guide to insurance classes-of-use
Whether your pickup is used for work or just socially, it is a legal requirement that you have an active insurance policy in place covering it at all times. At Confused.com, we want to help you understand the insurance you pay for, get the right level of cover, and pay the right price.
- With so many details coming together to determine your pickup insurance premium, getting a good price can be difficult.
- Our guides are full of useful hints and tips to help you drive down the cost of your policy
- To get started, click the ‘Get a quote’ button above, and in a few minutes we can compare big brand names across the UK to find you our best pickup insurance deals
Easy to use and saved a ton of money
HGV insurance is arranged and administered by Quote Me Today Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority No: 786619. Registered office, Office 2A, First Floor, 3 Jubilee Way, Whitstable Road, Faversham, Kent, ME13 8GD Registered in England and Wales, No: 04668665. Our service is free and compares a wide range of trusted household names. Confused.com is an intermediary and receives commission, which is a flat rate fee from QuoteMeToday.co.uk if you decide to buy through their website.