Just three of the great reasons to use Confused.com
"Awesome! Super easy and I got the best deal!"David – Confused.com customer
We compare over 50 trusted van insurers to save you money.
- Age is a major rating factor for insurance premiums
- Insurers often see young drivers as high-risk customers
- Younger road users are generally charged higher insurance premiums
Luckily, Confused.com are here to help you find competitive insurance quotes for young van drivers. In just a few minutes, you can compare quotes from our panel of trusted insurers and find the right policy, at the right price
Very easy to use quick service and cheap prices
- The van you’re driving – including its age, engine size, payload capacity and value
- Information about you – Including your age, where you live, driving experience, and your convictions, no claims bonus and claims history
- The type of cover you’re looking for – different levels of cover are available, which generally increase in price with the level of protection offered
This is where many of the problems start for young van drivers. Statistically, young drivers are more likely to be involved in an accident than any other age demographic. The road safety charity Brake as compiled some hard facts about young drivers which include;
- 1 in 5 new drivers has a crash within six months of getting their licence
- An 18 year old driver is more than 3 times as likely to be involved in a crash as a 48 year old
Figures like these make young drivers a bigger risk to insurers than other age groups, which can lead to increased premiums. Young drivers in the UK are generally pushed toward small hatchbacks with small engines, in order to reduce their premiums a little, but if you’re a young van driver, your options are a lot more limited.