Quote Your Home buildings and contents insurance policy details
Quote Your Home considers multiple buildings and contents policies when drawing up a quote based on your details and requirements.
Buildings insurance includes:
- Structure protection if your home is damaged by causes such as fire, flood or theft.
- Legal protection for you and your family. Covers the costs of a claim brought by a third party.
- Damage to fixed glass, sanitary fixtures and underground services is covered.
- Alternative accommodation if your home is damaged to an extent it’s unsafe to live there.
- Trace and access protection is included so the cause of a leak can be pinpointed and fixed.
Contents insurance includes:
- Personal belongings protection for if your belongings are damaged or destroyed.
- Cover for accidental damage to electronic devices including audio and computer equipment.
- Temporary accommodation if damage to your property leaves your home unsafe to live in.
- Cover for loss of contents in outbuildings, sheds and garages.
- Key cover Includes the cost of replacement external locks and keys.
- Personal liability to cover the cost of defending a lawsuit brought by a third party.
As a home insurance broker, Quote Your Home also provide cover for people with specific needs and preferences.
You could get a quote to find a policy if you have a criminal conviction, an adverse claims history, if you’ve been declared bankrupt. Quote Your Home could also find affordable quality cover if your home is in a flood risk area.
Specific forms of cover available:
- Subsidence home insurance For people whose properties have suffered from movement or are in an area known for subsidence.
- Home renovation insurance is specialist insurance to cover your home while it’s undergoing building works.
- Holiday home insurance is an option if you have a second home for your use or occasional guest use.
- Park home insurance for if you have a static home in a holiday park or keep a mobile home at one.
- Unoccupied home insurance is suitable if you plan to leave your home unoccupied for more than 30 days a year.
- Home for sale insurance will cover you if you’ve moved out of your home while it is up for sale.
- Mid-high net worth home insurance is for properties made from expensive materials or housing expensive contents.
Quote Your Home offers a selection of home insurance policies, however, not all policies are available through our site and the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying home insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.
Quote Your Home’s optional extras
It may be worth adding some more cover to your policy for an extra cost. Some optional extras might be included in your policy as standard, so always check your policy before you add any extras.
Quote Your Home offers:
- Home emergency cover
- Family legal expenses
- Key cover
- Jewellery insurance
- Bicycle insurance
Home Emergency covers you for emergency repairs to a range of events, such as vandalism, pest infestation and boiler failure.
Family Legal Expenses provides free legal advice and legal costs up to £75,000 for you and your family. Disputes covered include personal injury, contract disputes, criminal prosecutions and tax protection. Employment disputes are covered up to £25,000.
Key Cover insures you for replacement keys or locks. Some policies include key cover as standard.
Jewellery Insurance provides a higher level of cover for individual or sets of jewellery that are of a higher value. The added cost depends on the value of items being protected.
Bicycle Insurance is often included as standard, but the limit for a payout may not cover the cost of getting a replacement. Therefore, it might be a better idea to choose this optional extra.