Coronavirus travel update - 09/04/20
We have sadly had to suspend our travel insurance comparison service.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is now advising against non-essential international travel for an indefinite period.
If you ignore these warnings and travel to an affected area then your insurance will likely be invalid.
You can check the FCO and the government website where you’ll find up to date information on countries hit by the virus, and their latest travel advice.
We want to make sure that our customers don’t buy insurance policies for a time in the future when travel is still restricted. That’s why we have suspended the service.
If you have some questions about a travel insurance policy that you already have, you can find contact information for the providers we compare.
For more information on how the coronavirus could invalidate your travel insurance read our guide.
As soon as the situation changes, we’ll be able to offer you the best travel insurance deals. Until then, stay safe and see you soon.
- 28% of our customers who bought travel insurance in 2014 were over 50, so it could be useful no matter your age!
- The Foreign office claims that 1 in 10 over 55's don't always take out travel insurance when going away
- Compare various rates and levels of cover so your travels are as worry-free as possible
- Medical treatment and repatriation back to the UK if you are unwell or get injured whilst on holiday
- Holiday cancellations cover could come in handy if you are forced to cancel your trip
- Baggage, personal possessions and money cover could also help you out if your items are stolen or accidentally lost
- Most policies provide a 24 hour helpline for use in an emergency
- Declare any pre-existing medical conditions that you or your travel party may have (or may have developed during the term of your policy)
- It’s strongly recommended to get your travel insurance in advance as you might not fully benefit from cancellation cover (In 2012, 16% of people bought travel insurance through Confused.com the day before travelling, meaning that they could have potentially missed out on cover for cancellations).
- If you’re going on a family holiday, it’s worth noting that family policies are limited for up to 2 adults and 8 children who should be under the age of 18.
You could find lots of great prices just by entering your details once. We search through our network of travel insurance companies – including insurers that specialise in policies for older travellers such as Coverwise and Saga.
- We aim to find quotes tailored specifically for your needs
- Your travel insurance policy documents could be emailed to you within an hour (check that you've entered your email address correctly and check your junk and spam folders)
- We offer a wide range of travel guides that could help you with your travels
Our service is free and compares a wide range of trusted household names. Confused.com is an intermediary and receives commission from theidol.com if you decide to buy through our website which is based on a percentage of the total annual premium. We pride ourselves on impartiality and independence – therefore we don't promote any one insurance provider over another.