Weighing up the running costs of a new car can be confusing. That's where we can help.
Our car running-cost calculator can help. Simply enter your reg. number, email address and hit calculate to show you the average valuation for a car plus its annual costs (road tax and a fuel consumption estimate based on a 7,000 annual mileage).
Used us before?
If you’re a previous Confused.com customer, the calculator can also provide an insurance quote based on your personal details. All you have to do is enter your email address to get a quote within seconds.
Not used us before?
If you haven’t used the site before don’t let that stop you. The calculator can still give you information on running costs without an insurance quote.
How can the calculator help me?
Whether you’re shopping for your first car or pricing up a new one, our car running-cost calculator can help you budget for your motoring, including:
- Seeing a bigger picture, not just the price of the car
- Compare car costs to find an affordable car to run that suits you
- Find out the fuel efficiency and long-term costs of a car
- Get an indication of your car’s currently market value
Helping you find the right car
Are you paying more/less for your car insurance than the average Brit? Use our car insurance price index calculator to find out the average car insurance price based on your postcode, gender and age.
- Has your car got a name yet? Check out the car name generator and give your motor a name
- Use our petrol prices tool to find the cheapest fuel near you
- Not sure what's the right car for you? Use our car manufacturer guides and car reviews to help with your decision