Esure home insurance policy details
You can buy buildings, contents or a combined home insurance policy from Esure. There are different cover levels to choose from, depending on the level of protection you want.
You don’t need to have contents insurance legally, but it is important as it covers everything you own if your belongings are lost, stolen, or damaged.
Buildings insurance also isn’t a legal necessity but without it you’ll have to pay for any damage to your home. Some mortgage providers also ask to see a buildings insurance policy before approving a mortgage.
Esure offer a range of home insurance policies. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying home insurance, we recommend you check the details of your policy and benefits included.
If you’re unsure what type of policy you need, see our guide which explains the different types of home insurance available.
Esure's buildings insurance includes:
- Cover for the structure of your property including the bricks and roof and things which can’t be removed from your home.
- Unlimited buildings cover for rebuilding your home and repairing any damage caused.
- Underground pipes cover means if your pipes freeze in the winter leading to burst pipes and flooding, you’ll also get unlimited cover. However there is an excess of £450 to pay for claiming for escape of water.
- Locks and keys cover up to £1,000 for replacement or repair of locks or keys and up to £75,000 if you need to find alternative accommodation.
- Cover for loss of contents in outbuildings, sheds and garages. If anything is stolen from outside of your home, the cover is up to £2,000.
Not sure how much your contents are worth? Check out our free contents calculator.
Esure optional extras
Home emergency cover includes your boiler breaking, cover for burst pipes, or if your home became unsecure for any reason, such as a broken window.
Legal protection cover would include cover for legal costs relating to things such as personal injury, contract disputes and neighbour disputes.
Accidental damage cover is available for both your buildings and contents at an additional cost. This would cover events such as accidentally putting your foot through the ceiling in the loft, or spilling a glass of wine on your carpet.
Personal possessions cover gives you cover for your personal possessions when you take them away from home. Each item has to be less than £1,500 or £500 if it's a bicycle. If you have any items greater than £1,500 in value, you need to specify them as high value items when getting a quote.
Pest cover includes any support you'd need if you had any nests, mice, or rats in your home.