To get quotes from specialist garages simply follow these steps:
- Enter your details – Tell us what you’re looking for or what needs fixing. Don’t worry if you’re not sure, we can help you pinpoint the issue. We’ll then find the best garages nearby, and give you our best price for the job.
- Get your quotes – We’ll notify the garages in the area that your job is available. Then just sit back and watch the quotes start rolling in.
- Choose your garage – Once you’ve received your quotes from our specialist garages, just choose the quote that’s right for you.
- Book your appointment – You can book your appointment online or over the phone.
- Leave a review – We only want the best for you and your vehicle. After the work has been carried out, why not leave a review of the garage. That way, other customers can make an informed decision based on your experience.
After you’ve requested a quote, we’ll show all the information you need to make the right decision.
There are a number of factors to consider when picking the right garage. Price will usually be the main factor. But also consider customer reviews, distance from your home or place of work, and the services the garages offer.
So why not compare garages today?
How much is an MOT?
MOT prices can vary between test stations, so it usually pays to shop around if you want a cheap MOT. However, there is a maximum that an MOT garage can charge. This currently stands at £54.85 for a car and £29.65 for a standard motorcycle. You could save money by comparing MOT garages in your area. On average, drivers saved up to 39%* when booking an MOT via our website.
How much is a car service?
A basic car service costs around £97, according to Who Can Fix My Car. This doesn’t include the cost of any repairs, replacements or new parts. If you’re looking for a cheap car service near you, use our comparison tool to compare garages in your area. On average, drivers saved up to £80* when booking a full service via our website.
What is checked on an MOT?
There are a number of things that an MOT garage will check when carrying out an MOT. This includes:
- Lights - The colour, condition, safety and aim of your car lights.
- Steering and suspension – The steering and suspension will be checked to see if it’s operating normally and in good condition.
- Brakes - The condition of the brakes will be assessed to make sure they’re functioning safely.
- Wheels and tyres – The general condition, security and tread depth of your tyres will be examined to ensure they’re not worn to the point of being dangerous.
- Vehicle emissions - The vehicle’s emissions will be tested to make sure they fall within safety guidelines.
To see a full list of MOT checks read our MOT guide.