Whether you're buying or selling a car, it's vital to know the vehicle's value. It'll mean you're more informed when it comes to negotiating a price with any potential buyer or seller.
Our car valuation tool will give you a car's price straight away, putting you in a strong position when it comes to agreeing a price by knowing your car's value. All we need is the vehicle registration number and you can start right away!
If you're buying a car
Our car valuation tool will show you how much your desired car is worth. Once you've popped in the reg of the car you'll have to choose whether you're planning on buying or selling that car.
You'll then be presented with four different prices: the private value, part-exchange value, forecourt value and quick sale value. These can help you decide who to buy from and work out if a seller's price is fair.
If you're selling a car
By using car valuation we can also give you an accurate idea of what price to sell your car for. This is key when negotiating a sale, as it allows you to guard against any buyer who offers you a price that's below the vehicle's worth. Again, we'll ask you for the registration of the car and if you plan on buying or selling it.,
We'll then give you the car's sale price via a private sale, part-exchange, forecourt and quick sale. This allows you to choose the best way to sell your vehicle.
Whether you're buying or selling a car, you'll want to find out its real value.
Our free valuation tool gives you an up-to-date price based on the car and its mileage.
- Find out a car's value, whether it's being sold on the forecourt, as a private sale, or if it's being traded in.
- Our free valuation tool gives a car's price instantly.
- All you need to know is the car's number plate and mileage.
The valuation report will tell you:
- Details of the car - its registration date and MOT history
- Price for selling privately - in very good to excellent condition
- Trade-in price - how much you'd be offered for it as a part-exchange
- Forecourt price - how much you could expect to pay for it if buying from a dealer
- Quicksale price - the price you might expect to be offered if you need a quick sale
Here's an example of what a valuation report looks like:
Discover a car's value* in seconds. Our free car valuation report gives you an idea of the market value of your car. Whether you're buying, selling or part-exchanging, it pays to do your research so you don't get stung financially:
- When buying a car, you want to make sure you're not paying over the odds and getting a good deal for your money.
- If you're selling a car, knowing how much to ask for it isn't always straightforward. Undervaluing a car could mean you losing out some of the cash value while overvaluing could make it a hard sell.
- If you're thinking of part-exchanging, you don't want to feel pressured into accepting an offer without knowing if it's a good price or not.
Stay in the know
That's not all though. Our whole buying and selling section has lots of useful tips and advice to help you.
*A vehicle's true value could be affected by other factors, such as its condition.
Need more help? Take a look at our expert guides
Buying a car? Let us help you.
Everything you need to know about timing your sale.
Selling your car? Here's our guide.
Our guide to car buying.
Our tips on grabbing a newly new car.
Questions to ask when buying a used car.