AXA home insurance policy details
AXA sells home insurance under the HomeSafe, HomeSure and HomeSmart products, with HomeSafe generally providing a higher level of inbuilt protection and HomeSmart the lowest.
AXA offer a range of home insurance policy types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying home insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.
Buildings insurance covers you against damage and loss to your building, including outbuildings, exterior and interior walls, roofs and flooring.
AXA’s buildings insurance gives you:
- Cover for major risks including flooding, fire and burst pipes
- Unlimited buildings cover with HomeSafe, up to £1m with HomeSure and £500,000 with HomeSmart
- Building repairs by approved suppliers are guaranteed for three years
- Up to £2m property owners’ liability cover against claims for personal injury or property damage from third parties
- Replacement keys and locks insurance – up to £1,000 of cover with HomeSafe and HomeSure, while you get £500 with HomeSmart
- Accidental damage for buildings is included as standard with HomeSafe and HomeSure
- HomeSafe also includes up to £100,000 legal expenses cover and £1,500 of home emergency assistance cover.
Contents insurance protects you against loss, damage or theft of your belongings.
- Contents cover of £100,000, £85,000, and £75,000 with HomeSafe, HomeSure and HomeSmart respectively
- Contents repairs by approved suppliers are guaranteed for one year
- Up to £2m occupiers’ and public liability cover
- New-for-old replacements
- Alternative accommodation cover– up to £100,000 with HomeSafe, while you get a maximum of £50,000 with HomeSure and HomeSmart
- Digital assets insurance
- Insurance for your garden contents, including plants
- Up to £1,000 emergency cash advance – this is subject to there being a valid claim, with the payment being deducted from your final settlement
- Accidental damage for contents is included with HomeSafe
- HomeSafe also includes personal possessions cover of £2,500 as standard.
AXA home insurance optional extras
Accidental damage insurance protects against the costs of repairing or replacing something that's been damaged or destroyed in an accident.
You can add accidental damage cover for buildings to your HomeStart policy as an optional extra – it’s already included with HomeSafe and HomeSure.
You can also choose to add accidental damage contents cover to HomeSure and HomeStart – HomeSafe has this included as standard as well.
Home assistance can be added to HomeSure and HomeStart, giving you up to £1,000 of cover to get things like a blocked drain, burst pipe or broken boiler fixed in an emergency, with 24/7 callout.
Home assistance is already included with HomeSafe as standard, with up to £1,500 of cover.
Legal expenses cover can be added to give you £50,000 of cover for legal fees with HomeSure or HomeSmart. You’ll also get access to a free 24-hour legal helpline and discounts on services like conveyancing. HomeSafe comes with £100,000 in legal expenses cover as standard.
Personal Possessions cover of up to £30,000 can be added to your policy. This insures your belongings even when you take them with you to the other side of the world. HomeSafe includes £2,500 of personal possessions cover as standard.
Student cover will insure your kids’ possessions for up to £5,000 when they are away at boarding school, college or university.
Bicycle cover will give you £1,500 of cover for each bicycle – up to £3,000 in total.