- Getting around London – There are lots of ways of getting about London, but it all depends on what you’re after. The Tube is probably the fastest and most convenient way, most trains are frequent and with over 260 stations it will definitely take you to the places you need to go. It might be worth getting an Oyster card, which is handy and could work out to be cheaper if you'll be using the Tube often. If you're in less of a rush, a boat trip on the Thames and the famous open roof double-decker buses are great for sightseeing and getting a hint of the London history. If you want to go exploring London's many streets and hidden nooks, you could hire one of the city bicycles that are dotted around London.
- London attractions – You’ll definitely be spoilt for choice in London, but there are some attractions that simply must not be missed. Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, Harrods, Madame Tussaud's and the London Eye are just a few of the many things that should be on you 'must-do and see' list when visiting London.
You could also visit 3 of 5 most visited museums in the world, The British Museum, Tate Modern and National Gallery, which are all free to enter. Don’t forget to go to the newly opened Harry Potter studio, visit exotic animals at London Zoo or see one of the world's most brilliant plays and musicals at the West End.
London: Did you know?
- Around 1.3 million people move in and out of London every year.
- The world’s first traffic light was set up outside the House of Commons in 1868.
- London has over 100 theatres, and 50 of them are in the West End.
- Marble Arch was originally built as the entrance to Buckingham Palace, but was never used. There is actually a tiny office inside it, which used to be a police station.
Confused.com’s Travel Insurance solution is provided by theIdol.com. theidol.com is a trading style of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office; 3 Mason Court, Gillan Way, Penrith 40 Business Park, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 9GR. Registered in England no: 04231834