Wherever you might be going in Europe, European travel insurance could not only protect you against unexpected costs but it could also give you peace of mind, so you're left to simply enjoy your holiday, worry and hassle-free.
- Travel insurance cover for pre-existing medical conditions is available
- European policies start from as little as £2.25 for a single trip policy
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) could provide you with free state medical care, but it only applies to EEA countries plus Switzerland and it does not include transportation to the hospital or repatriation back to the UK.
- Emergency medical treatment if you fall ill
- If your luggage, personal possessions and travel money are lost or stolen, you could recover the value of your items
- Expenses from delays and cancellations if your flights are delayed or if you have to cut your trip short
- Airline insolvency cover could come in handy if your airline goes bankrupt
- Do you have a question? Let's see if we can answer your travel related question.
- If you're getting an annual policy, make sure you check that the countries that you're travelling to are covered by your policy (you may have to take out a separate cover if you're travelling to countries outside Europe)
- Backpacker policies cover a single trip that could last up to 18 months
- Winter sports cover offers specialist medical treatment and could protect your ski or snowboarding equipment
- Read the small print of your policy, as there might be some policy exclusions (you can preview terms and conditions before purchasing so you know exactly what you're getting with your travel policy)
- Check how much your excess is, as it might not be worth claiming for a camera that is worth £100 if the excess is £150
- Report your items lost, stolen or damaged within 24 hours of the incident (most insurance providers ask for a written police report for proof)
Finding the right policy could be a pain, especially when you have pre-holiday excitement and packing to do. But don't worry, here at Confused.com, we want to make your search for European cover as straightforward as possible.
- Compare up to 53 travel insurance companies in just a few minutes
- We offer travel insurance advice, and many other travel guides to help you on your travels
Our service is free and compares a wide range of trusted household names. Confused.com is an intermediary and receives commission from theidol.com if you decide to buy through our website which is based on a percentage of the total annual premium. We pride ourselves on impartiality and independence – therefore we don't promote any one insurance provider over another.