Bennetts motorbike insurance policy details
Bennetts offers 3 types of cover to their customers: Third party, third-party, fire and theft and comprehensive cover. If you have comprehensive cover and write your motorbike off within 6 months of buying it, they cover a like-for-like replacement. This also applies if the motorbike is stolen and not recovered.
Bennetts offers a range of benefits including:
- Savings and discounts with their BikeSocial membership
- 17 of the most common motorbike modifications covered with a standard policy
- Cover that's tailored to your rider needs and budget
- A UK-based call centre
- 90 days' European cover as standard
Bennetts motorbike insurance optional extras
Here are the optional extras you can add to your insurance policy:
- Helmet and leathers protection is designed to reimburse you for your helmet, leathers or protective clothing, gloves, and boots. If your helmet or protective clothing are damaged in an accident – wear and tear doesn’t count – then you could claim up to £1,500.
- Motor legal protection provides up to £100,000 of legal fees.
- Personal accident insurance provides a payout of up to £15,000 if you suffer a serious injury involving your motorbike. This includes a benefit of £50 for every 24 hours for hospitalisation, up to £350.
- RAC motorbike breakdown cover. This covers things like punctures, battery issues and fuel problems. If the problem can’t be fixed, they'll take you to the nearest garage. Higher levels include a suite of other benefits including yourself and a pillion passenger being taken to a destination of your choice. There's also EU breakdown cover that includes roadside repair, recovery to the nearest garage and alternative travel and accommodation cover.
You can tax your motorbike online, by phone or by visiting the post office. You'll need your V11 form and your MOT if you're taxing it at the post office.
You should be able to cancel your motorbike insurance policy at any time, but you might have to pay an admin fee. Here's what you need to know.
Nothing beats the freedom of taking your wheels out for a ride on the continent. Take a look at our tips for a touring Europe on a motorcycle.
We take a look through every step of becoming a biker - from getting your motorbike licence to taking your theory test, passing your CBT test and beyond.
Claiming on your motorbike insurance can sometimes be confusing, so we're here to help. Here's how you make a claim on your motorbike insurance policy.
We look into insuring your 125cc motorbike: What you need before you start riding, and the pros and cons of riding on your provisional licence.