Looking for other types of travel insurance?
Choose family insurance cover for protection and overall savings for your family
Tailored quotes for travellers over the age of 50
If you’re an expectant mother planning a holiday, you’ll be keen to ensure you’re able to travel with complete peace of mind that you’re covered.
See all the types of specialist travel insurance
What is travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions?
If you or any of your travel party have a pre-existing medical condition and fall ill whilst on holiday, then a pre-existing medical travel insurance policy could help you with cover for emergency treatment and hospital costs relating to that pre-existing condition. Some common pre-existing medical conditions include:
- Respiratory conditions (relating to the lungs or breathing)
- Any heart, kidney, liver, circulatory or cerebral conditions
- Stroke or central nervous system disorder
- Cancerous conditions
- Terminal conditions
- Psychological conditions (diagnosed or treated)
- Prescribed medication, received treatment or had a consultation (within a given period of time)
Take a look at our article on travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions for more information.
What does a pre-existing medical policy cover?
- Medical expenses could be covered if you get ill or injured abroad
- Repatriation could also be covered if you are unable to travel on your pre-arranged transport, so you could be closer to your friends and family back in the UK
- With cancellation cover you could claim back your hotel and transportation costs if you are forced to cancel your trip
- Your luggage, personal possessions and money could also be covered if they are lost, stolen or damaged
- Most travel insurance policies offer a 24 hour helpline providing advice and support in an emergency
Take a look at our guide to when to claim on your travel insurance.
"Decent website and found good prices"
"I have not changed insurance company for 5 years and I got 50% off. I cannot just help but to say that you are doing a very good job!!!"
"Very pleased with your efforts, saved about £150 to £160 by changing insurers and for the same coverage..."
"It is in my opinion the best comparison web site that I subscribe too. Everything is in an easy to use place and it is clear on detail. I will certainly recommend to others."
"I found your website easy to use. I saved money over my previous insurance. Well done "confused.com" for such a wonderful website and I will be coming back next year for another quote"