Halifax home insurance policy details
Halifax offers a selection of home insurance policies and types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying home insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.
Buildings and contents insurance benefits include:
- Full home rebuild
- Contents covered up to £50,000 with Bronze, £100,000 with Silver and £250,000 with Gold
- Cover for accidental damage to the structure of your home with Silver and Gold policies
- Legal expenses cover with Silver and Gold policies, up to £50,000
Buildings Insurance benefits, depending on the level of cover you choose, may include:
- Full house rebuild
- Garden plant cover up to £1,000
- Standard excess of between £100 and £500
- Blocked drains cover up to £1000
- Temporary accommodation cover up to £100,000
- If your home's damaged by the emergency services, you’re entitled to claim for a full rebuild cost, except for damage to trees plants and scrubs, which are limited to £1,000
- Full rebuild following accidental damage with Silver and Gold policies
- Legal expenses cover with the Silver and Gold policies – up to £50,000
- The excess for damage caused by leaking water is £500 with Bronze and Silver policies or between £100 and £500 with Gold, depending on your selection
- Subsidence excess is £1,000 with Bronze and Silver or your selected standard excess with Gold
Contents Insurance benefits, depending on the level of cover you choose, may include:
- Spoiled frozen food cover up to £500
- Up to £500 if an accident causes loss or damage to any house guest’s property
- Up to £500 if you have cash stolen from your home
- Up to £2,500 for replacing lost important documents like your deeds or passport
- Up to £1,000 if your water pipes blow to cover the loss you suffer
- Up to £5,000 for goods damaged or lost from an outbuilding such as a shed or a garage
- Up to £1,000 for garden or balcony items, including plant pots and garden ornaments
- Accidental damage up to £100,000 with Silver and £250,000 with Gold
- Legal expenses cover up to £50,000 with Silver or Gold policies
- Contents cover of £50,000, £100,000 or £250,000 with Bronze, Silver or Gold insurance
- Save up to £172* on your home insurance
- Plus choose a free gift with Confused.com Rewards**
It’s a win-win.How to claim a reward
*Based on data provided by Consumer Intelligence Ltd, www.consumerintelligence.com (January ’23). 51% of home insurance customers could save £172.55 on a combined policy.
**Single annual policy. Shell Go+ account required. Only one £10 fuel reward can be used per transaction and each can only be used on fuel purchases of £10 or over. HelloFresh 18+ subscription service. Geographical exclusions apply. T&Cs apply
Home insurance guides
When was my house built?
The age of your property could impact how much you pay for your home insurance. Here's how you find out just how old your house is.
Airbnb insurance explained
Does renting your home via Airbnb affect your home insurance and will your mortgage lender allow it? Here's everything you need to know about Airbnb insurance.
Leasehold buildings insurance
Are you a leasehold property owner? Although not a legal requirement, it's worth considering leasehold buildings insurance to cover damages to the building.
Thinking of renting out your spare room? There are a few things you need to consider before becoming a live-in landlord. Here's what you need to know.
Flood Re - all you need to know
Living in a high-risk flood area can come with high insurance costs - that's why the Flood Re Scheme was created. Here's how you work out if you're eligible.
Renovation insurance: am I covered during house renovations and building work?
Home renovation insurance is essential if you're spending time and money on renovations. You need the right insurance to cover your house during home renovation.