Who is Admiral?
Having started out as a car insurer in 1993, Admiral first began selling home insurance in 2012. Admiral has more recently added travel insurance and loans to its offering.
Based in Cardiff, Admiral sponsors the Welsh Under 20, Under 18 and Sevens national rugby teams.
Admiral has enjoyed tremendous success. When it first began operating in 1993, Admiral had just 57 employees – today it’s a FTSE 100 company with a 10,000 strong workforce!
Along with a core home insurance proposition, Admiral provides landlord, tenant and flood insurance.
Admiral won the Best Home Insurance Provider 2019 at the Insurance Choice Awards. It also scooped the Moneyfacts Highly Commended Insurance Provider 2021 accolade.
Admiral Gold policy details
Admiral Gold home insurance is Admiral’s mid-level cover package for the home. If you’re looking for a decent level of cover from a standard home insurance solution that includes some useful additional benefits, it could be for you. You get cover for your home and garden as well as insurance for your bicycle and boiler.
Price isn't the only factor to consider when buying home insurance. There are many things to consider when finding the right level of cover for you.
As well as getting unlimited buildings cover, up to £100,000 contents cover and access to a 24/7 emergency helpline, with Admiral Gold you also get:
- Trace and access cover helps to detect and repair the source of a water leak up to the cost of £5,000.
- Alternative accommodation cover means you could get up to £15,000 of cover for temporary accommodation if you’re home is not fit to be lived in due to loss or damage resulting from a buildings or contents insured risk.
- Boiler cover allows you to claim up to £500 for a tradesperson to repair an emergency to your central heating and hot water.
- Audio visual accidental damage covers you against any accidental damage to audio visual items such as your TV.
- Underground pipes are covered against accidental damage including cover for water or oil escaping from fixed water/heating tanks.
- Bicycle cover entitles you to up to £350 standard cover for bikes in and away from your home if kept securely locked.
- Locks and keys cover means you get up to £750 of cover to replace external locks and keys, if your keys are lost or stolen.
- Garage or outbuilding cover for damage to your garage or outbuilding, including £1,500 of theft cover.
- Garden plants cover gives you £1,000 of cover for damage due to vandalism, collision by a vehicle or damage caused by emergency access.
Admiral offer a range of home insurance policy types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying home insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.
Admiral Gold optional extras
You can add a range of optional extras to your policy for an additional cost. These include:
- Full contents accidental damage cover
- Home emergency cover
- Family legal protection
- Personal possessions
- Bicycle cover
Full contents accidental damage should cover the cost of repairing or replacing something that's been damaged/destroyed accidentally.
Home emergency cover should provide up to £500 of cover for a tradesperson to attend your home in an emergency for things like roof damage or electrics.
Family legal protection means you could get up to £100,000 legal costs to cover certain disputes and claims against you as long as Admiral believes there’s a reasonable chance you can win the case.
Personal possessions cover provides cover for personal items worth up to £1,000 and with a total value of £20,000.
Bicycle cover gives you £350 of bicycle cover as standard but you can choose to upgrade your cover if your bicycle is worth more than £350.