Though a rare sight on UK roads, trikes are popular among bikers because of the added safety and stability they offer over standard motorbikes. Despite this, one of the main issues owners find is that these three-wheelers are often motorbikes that have been modified into trikes by their owners, so getting insurance quotes can be difficult.
- If your trike is a standard/manufactured model, we can quickly compare quotes and get our best prices straight to you in just a few easy steps
- If your trike is a non-standard or custom build, you can still receive and compare prices with us, but you will need to call the insurance provider you choose to confirm all the vehicle details and ensure that the risk, policy and price quoted are correct and fully understood. Any incorrect information at this stage could lead to additional insurance costs later on.
- Is it a bike, trike, or a car? Many trikes are built using engines or chassis from cars, and many 3-wheeled cars use motorbike components, which can cause some confusion when it comes to buying motorbike or car insurance
- In general, if the vehicle has a closed chassis and a steering wheel, it is considered a car and will require specialist car insurance (similar to a kit car policy)
- If it has an open chassis and handlebars, it is considered a trike and would need trike insurance
If you're ready to get started, click the ‘Get a quote’ button above to compare our best trike insurance quotes or for more information to help you find the policy that’s right for you, take a look at our motorbike insurance guides.